Re: My program kills jikes.exe

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      John,

      We have seen this or a similar problem when there are a large number
      of compilation errors. We've found that if you fix the error in the
      program, jikes will then work fine.

      There are a few things you could attempt to try to narrow down the
      problem. One option is to go back to the last version of your
      program which compiled okay then make small changes and compile
      after each change. Another option is to use "/*" and "*/" to
      comment out large sections of code until the program compiles.
      Slowly uncomment sections of code to identify the location of the
      problem. Yet another option is to put an error into the program
      that you know will generate a compile error. Start with the error
      near the beginning of the file and keep moving it until the dialog
      shows up before the compiler hits the error.

      The RidgeSoft Team

      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "johnabshier"