(System.currentTime Millis()) & dead reackoning

  • COE SECTIONB
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2009
      Gud Day !!!

      First Problem:
       How to get  a value of x ang y using the (System.currentTime Millis()) ?
      My problem is about the soccer bot...I assumed that the movement of
      the ball is straight, so at time T=1ms, the ball is at (x1, y1) at time=2 the ball is
      at (x2,y2)...How to get a value ??
      The value that we get from that will be substituted to :
      m=(y1-y2)/(x1-x2)
      (y-y1)=m(x-x1)
      we set y=0, so that we can get the value of x, if the Ibrain bot compute the value
      of the x, the robot will move to the (value of x, 0)..at this point, the I brain bot will
      obstruct the ball to enter into the goal...
      can i ask a sample program ? help me pleasee...

      Second problem:

      Do you have an idea, on how to control the speed of the robot, or the robot control its speed itself ?

      in soccer robot, if the Ibrain bot detect the ball moving faster, the Ibrain bot also move faster at x,y to trap the ball, or when the Ibrain bot detect the ball moving moderately, the Ibrain bot also move to x,y at enough time to trap the ball..

      Third problem and last problem...

      Do you have and idea, on how to apply the Global (Cartesian Plane) on Ibrain bot ?
      This is Dead Reckoning, we will use this , in order the robot will know its orientation and x,y coordinates...

      thank you very much

      -Ike G.