Re: [intellibrain] How tough is using RoboJDE - Share your experience

  • Paul King
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2009
      My experience is that most of the Intellibrain example programs are fairly simple and do not use threads.  I even rewrote a serial port driver for doing remote control of several robot functions from python and that didn't use threads either.

      It seems to me that the risk of overburdening the VM comes from using lots of threads, not from not using any.

      In your example, a sampling rate of 25 Hz is not a problem.  The VM can do 1000 iterations / sec of a medium-complex task without too much difficulty, so 25 iterations/sec should be easy.

      Paul