Re: Unknown Application

    Message 1 of 4 , May 22, 2009

      In order to troubleshoot the problem, first work to get communication working with the old virtual machine.  Check the settings for the serial port in both RoboJDE and on the IntelliBrain controller.  Observe the VM statue field on the Run tab.  If it says "Not responding," it is unable to communicate.  If it is able to communicate, the state will change to "Ready" or "Load."  Either one means communication is working.  You may also see a dialog box pop up indicating the virtual machine is down rev.  This is also and indication communication is work, since RoboJDE can't know that unless it can communicate with controller.

      Once you have communication working, download the new virtual machine.  The RAM/Flash setting is not relevant to downloading the virtual machine.  Just select the operation from the tools menu and follow the prompts exactly.

      If you still have a problem look for a file named error.log in the RoboJDE program folder.  If you find one, send it to support@... for further support.

      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "aokjoey" <jnastasi@...> wrote:

      > I have an IB2 using an Air Cable combination running at 115.2k. I am trying to load the new virtual machine. I set the dropdown to RAM and try to load (I'm in the bootstrap mode at 115.2k) and when I click OK I get a alert box Error: Unknown Application.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Nice update, BTW

    • aokjoey
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4 4:25 AM
        Turns out that my 3 year old AirCable setup does not have a Mac OS driver. I have the board working with a wired setup now. It's a shame that they don't provide a Mac OS driver. With your support on Mac OS, I don't have to boot to Windows, but now I do if I want to use wireless.

        Thanks

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4 5:45 AM

          The Roving Wireless FirePlug USB Bluetooth adapter does work with the Mac.  It and a compatible RS-232 adapter for the IntelliBrain controller side are available at Mouser:

          RN-240M
          RN-USB-X

          We have done a limitted amount of testing with these and they seem to work well with PC, Mac and Linux.