Re: [intellibrain] Re: MS Robotics Studio on Intellibrain?

  • Peter Chatterton
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2009
      Thanks, but what I'm interested in is a fully autonomous robot.

      I was wondering about using MSRS and a superficial search
      didn't deny the possibility but that is just what you would expect
      when you think about it!

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 5, 2009
        I have Robotics Studio and Visual C# Express so I am trying to extend the services in the IntellibrainBot and IntelliBrainBotServices. I am running into the following issues:
        1. see no *.mvp extension file which is Project file for MSRS.
        2. receive build errors like Dss or Ccr namespace does not exist

        Appreciate any help.

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@...> wrote:

        > The example integration with MS Robotics studio runs the HostInterface example on the IntelliBrain-Bot, which allows the PC running MSRS to control the robot remotely from the PC. A good way to partition the intelligence is to use a hybrid model where the IntelliBrain controller does reactive control while the PC does deliberative control. For example, the PC might determine the robot should go from point A to point B to point C. The PC would tell the robot to go to point B. The IntelliBrain controller would navigate to point B avoiding obstacles in between. The latency of communication between the PC and the robot makes it impractical for the PC to perform demanding real-time tasks such as steering the robot to stay on course.
        >
        > RidgeSoft Support
        >
        > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001" <peter@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Surely this is only possible when all the computing is done on a PC?

      • Pranav
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7, 2009
          latency of communication might not be the bottleneck here. The " .net serializer" uses the same communication for MSRS robot control. I haven't used it so, cant comment on how "useful" it really is.