Re: [intellibrain] Re: ROboJDE robot won't follow line

  • Dwight Welsh
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      I have tried re-positioning the sensors numerous times,
      they still keep giving me problems.

      I can adjust their position, set it on the white background and it shows lost, put it on the black line and it shows (either 1 left, 1 right, both left, both right or lost, or it has a reading very low 30 -50) my line is approx 2.5 inches wide.

      I have checked connections and they all seem kosher and there seems to be nothing faulty on the circuit board.

      What else could it be??

      Dwight

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Hi Dwight,

        You need to look at the numeric readings of each of the sensors when
        they are over the white background and over the black line. It could
        be the reflectivity of the tape you are using is too high, or the
        background is not opaque. The best way to determine what is going on
        is to look at the readings of each of the sensors individually. Set
        the robot on the background area and note the readings of the two
        sensors. They should both read low. Set the robot with one sensor
        over the tape and the other over the background. The sensor over the
        tape should read high while the other sensor reads low. Switch it so
        the situation is reversed. Finally, try with both sensors over the
        line. Again, make sure you take note of the numerical readings and
        verify each sensor reads less than 100 when over white and greater
        than 500 when over the line. If the sensors don't read this high
        over the line, their positions may need to be adjusted, you may need
        to use less reflective tape, or you may need to adjust the threshold
        value in the program to be appropriate for your setup.

        If you aren't able to get it to work, please reply with the numeric
        readings for each of the sensors over the background and over the
        line (2 readings for each sensor).

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, Dwight Welsh