Re: Heres another Bluetooth adapter that works.

  • aasurobotics
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2008
      Hello,
      I am part of a robotics research group at Armstrong Atlantic State
      University. My group and I have been working with the Intellibrain
      platform and recently we purchased 2 GBS301 adapters and modified them
      for 9-pin power. But, IOGear sent us instructions to solder pins 7
      and 8 on the adapter for 3-wire communication without handshaking.
      They did not mention anything about soldering pins 1,4, and 6. Can
      you confirm that pins 1,4, and 6 require soldering as well? Thanks.

      --Gabriel Loewen
      Developmental Robotics Lab
      Armstrong Atlantic State University
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2008

        Hi,

        We don't have any experience with this particular device.

        The IntelliBrain implements a 3 wire interface and provides +5V on pin 9.

        Doing a Google search on "GBS301 3 wire" returns many results.  You may check some of these.  This particular one seems to have some useful information:  http://www.7hertz.com/archives/2006/11/gbs301_serial_bluetooth_adapter.html.