Re: [intellibrain] Re: Won't see connection

  • Dwight Welsh
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2008
      Figured it out.
      IT was the RObots Baud rate.

      Thanks for helping!!

      Dwight

      --- On Wed, 8/13/08, RidgeSoft <rs1@...> wrote:
      From: RidgeSoft <rs1@...>
      Subject: [intellibrain] Re: Won't see connection
      To: intellibrain@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 12:39 PM

      Dwight,

      The robot and the PC are not communicating. This could be due to
      incorrect settings. If you reinstalled your USB serial port, windows
      may have used a new COM port number. My suggestion is to ensure BOTH
      the IntelliBrain 2 baud rate and the baud rate setting in RoboJDE are
      set to 115.2K. Then in RoboJDE try setting the Serial Port to each
      available COMx port. If you find one where the "Not Responding"
      status clears, you have found the correct port number.

      Another (unlikely) possibility is you are not using a straight though
      serial cable. If there is any chance the cable got changed since it
      last worked, make sure you are using the straight through cable that
      came with the IntelliBrain board.

      If this doesn't work, make sure your USB to serial adapter is
      intalled and working correctly. You can see what COM ports are
      installed under Control Panel->System- >Hardware- >Device Manager-
      >Ports. You can check the properties for each to identify which one
      is your USB serial adapter. Also review the adapter vendor's
      documentation and troubleshooting information to make sure the
      adapter is installed and working properly.

      --- In intellibrain@ yahoogroups. com, Dwight Welsh
      <third_party28315@ ...> wrote:

      > Under VM State on teh run screen
      > it says NOT RESPONDING!!
      > IT sees the com port.
      > When I Tell the it to build the program it finishes fine: See below
      > ************ ********* ********* ********
      > Compiling...
      > Compilation succeeded
      > Linking...
      >
      > Main class:        IntelliBrainBotDemo
      > Classes:           101
      > Interfaces:        20
      > Methods:           336
      > Constants:         231
      > Instance fields:   234
      > Static fields:     43
      > Static data size:  254
      > Code size:         19257
      > Start address:     8000
      > End address:       cb38
      >
      > Link succeeded
      >
      > But when I go to load the program it is not selectable.
      >
      > My com port is correct and I have tried various Baud rates all to
      no avail!!

      > What could be happening??

      Baud