Can't download Virtual Machine to IntelliBrain

  • peter_chatterton2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2008
      I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to downloading
      the VM.

      When I try again with Bluetooth:
      -both blue leds are steady,
      -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
      -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.

      Peter
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
        Peter,

        It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is not
        correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port. Make sure the
        AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
        www.aircable.net for assistance with this). Also, make sure the baud
        rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.

        I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your USB
        port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
        that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
        only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
        upgrade it.

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
        <peter@...> wrote:

        > I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to
        downloading
        > the VM.
        >
        > When I try again with Bluetooth:
        > -both blue leds are steady,
        > -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
        > -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.
        >
        > Peter

      • peter_chatterton2001
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12, 2008
          --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@...> wrote:

          > Peter,
          >
          > It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is
          not
          > correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port.
          -- How do I do this? There was only one port that I could select.
          > Make sure the
          > AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
          > www.aircable.net for assistance with this).
          -- Can you be more specific on this? I understood from the packaging
          that there are no switches to set and no software to install.

          > Also, make sure the baud
          > rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.
          -- I did check this.

          > I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your USB
          > port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
          > that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
          > only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
          > upgrade it.
          -- After getting the USB to serial to work I tried the AIR cable
          again,
          with no better results.
          I tried downloading the VM on the AIR cable because it was the only
          thing I could try as the Load menu function was greyed out.

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
            Peter,

            If there isn't another COM port listed other than your USB serial
            adapter, this indicates the AirCable USB adapter isn't installed
            correctly in Windows. When you plug the AirCable USB device into a
            USB port Windows should indicate there is newly found hardware. Also
            in the Device Manager within the Windows control panel you should see
            the USB port listed. If you don't see a port for the AirCable USB
            adapter listed consult the AirCable documentation and website for
            further information.

            Also, there is no need to download anything to determine if the
            IntelliBrain and the PC can communicate. The VM State indicates "Not
            Responding" when the two can't communicate. Any other state
            indicates the two are in communication. As long as "Not Responding"
            appears, downloading programs won't be possible.

            <peter@...> wrote:

            > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Peter,
            > >
            > > It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is
            > not
            > > correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port.
            > -- How do I do this? There was only one port that I could select.
            > > Make sure the
            > > AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
            > > www.aircable.net for assistance with this).
            > -- Can you be more specific on this? I understood from the
            packaging
            > that there are no switches to set and no software to install.
            >
            > > Also, make sure the baud
            > > rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.
            > -- I did check this.
            > >
            > > I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your
            USB
            > > port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
            > > that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
            > > only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
            > > upgrade it.
            > -- After getting the USB to serial to work I tried the AIR cable
            > again,
            > with no better results.
            > I tried downloading the VM on the AIR cable because it was the only
            > thing I could try as the Load menu function was greyed out.
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > RidgeSoft Support
            > >
            > > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
            > > <peter@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to
            > > downloading
            > > > the VM.
            > > >
            > > > When I try again with Bluetooth:
            > > > -both blue leds are steady,
            > > > -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
            > > > -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.
            > > >
            > > > Peter

          • peter_chatterton2001
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13, 2008
              Thanks, it's working now.

              The device mgr showed a problem with the AIRcable so I reinstalled
              the driver and now there's an entry for "AIRcable USB serial port
              (COM5)" under Ports (COM & LPT).

              Peter