Can't download Virtual Machine to IntelliBrain

  • peter_chatterton2001
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9 12:22 PM
      I'm using a Bluetooth connection and it's showing steady blue lights.
      The "IntelliBrain 2/Boot: 115.2K" msg shows on the LCD.
      I didn't turn the IBrain on until the download dialog started.
      The error msg in the IDE is: "Error: Unable to synchronize".

      Normally IB shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load".
      This is the first time I'm trying it and I understood the VM would
      already be loaded. Incidentally, how long should it take to downoad?
      Should 115.2K work with the Bluetooth?
      The License Fee is installed.
      I've tried several download rates.
      The IDE shows only one COM port available (3) which seems reasonable.
      I'm using XP SP2 on a tabletPC.

      Thanks for your help,
      Peter
    • peter_chatterton2001
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9 7:10 PM
        I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to downloading
        the VM.

        When I try again with Bluetooth:
        -both blue leds are steady,
        -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
        -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.

        Peter
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 12 7:59 AM
          Peter,

          It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is not
          correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port. Make sure the
          AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
          www.aircable.net for assistance with this). Also, make sure the baud
          rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.

          I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your USB
          port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
          that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
          only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
          upgrade it.

          --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
          <peter@...> wrote:

          > I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to
          downloading
          > the VM.
          >
          > When I try again with Bluetooth:
          > -both blue leds are steady,
          > -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
          > -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.
          >
          > Peter

        • peter_chatterton2001
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 12 9:23 PM
            --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@...> wrote:

            > Peter,
            >
            > It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is
            not
            > correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port.
            -- How do I do this? There was only one port that I could select.
            > Make sure the
            > AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
            > www.aircable.net for assistance with this).
            -- Can you be more specific on this? I understood from the packaging
            that there are no switches to set and no software to install.

            > Also, make sure the baud
            > rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.
            -- I did check this.

            > I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your USB
            > port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
            > that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
            > only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
            > upgrade it.
            -- After getting the USB to serial to work I tried the AIR cable
            again,
            with no better results.
            I tried downloading the VM on the AIR cable because it was the only
            thing I could try as the Load menu function was greyed out.

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 13 9:50 AM
              Peter,

              If there isn't another COM port listed other than your USB serial
              adapter, this indicates the AirCable USB adapter isn't installed
              correctly in Windows. When you plug the AirCable USB device into a
              USB port Windows should indicate there is newly found hardware. Also
              in the Device Manager within the Windows control panel you should see
              the USB port listed. If you don't see a port for the AirCable USB
              adapter listed consult the AirCable documentation and website for
              further information.

              Also, there is no need to download anything to determine if the
              IntelliBrain and the PC can communicate. The VM State indicates "Not
              Responding" when the two can't communicate. Any other state
              indicates the two are in communication. As long as "Not Responding"
              appears, downloading programs won't be possible.

              <peter@...> wrote:

              > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Peter,
              > >
              > > It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is
              > not
              > > correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port.
              > -- How do I do this? There was only one port that I could select.
              > > Make sure the
              > > AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
              > > www.aircable.net for assistance with this).
              > -- Can you be more specific on this? I understood from the
              packaging
              > that there are no switches to set and no software to install.
              >
              > > Also, make sure the baud
              > > rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.
              > -- I did check this.
              > >
              > > I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your
              USB
              > > port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
              > > that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
              > > only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
              > > upgrade it.
              > -- After getting the USB to serial to work I tried the AIR cable
              > again,
              > with no better results.
              > I tried downloading the VM on the AIR cable because it was the only
              > thing I could try as the Load menu function was greyed out.
              > >
              > > Regards,
              > >
              > > RidgeSoft Support
              > >
              > > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
              > > <peter@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to
              > > downloading
              > > > the VM.
              > > >
              > > > When I try again with Bluetooth:
              > > > -both blue leds are steady,
              > > > -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
              > > > -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.
              > > >
              > > > Peter

            • peter_chatterton2001
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 13 11:06 AM
                Thanks, it's working now.

                The device mgr showed a problem with the AIRcable so I reinstalled
                the driver and now there's an entry for "AIRcable USB serial port
                (COM5)" under Ports (COM & LPT).

                Peter