questions on ContinuousRotationServo class

  • navaho4x4
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2008
      I am trying to figure out how the setPower method is implemented in
      particular the setPosition method call within setPower().
      ((power * mRange)/Motor.MAX_FORWARD + 50)

      How is this derived ?
      I know mRange varies based on servo. 14 for intellibrain 2
      According to Java Doc, Motor.MAX_FORWARD is +16.
      power will be range of +-16
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2008
        There is a discussion of the ContinuousRotation class on pp. 9-10 of
        the Programming Your Robot to Navigate tutorial
        (http://www.ridgesoft.com/articles/navigation/ProgrammingYourRobotToNavi
        gate.pdf).

        RidgeSoft Support