what unit does Localizer, pose use

  • fossil_007
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2007
      hello everyone
      i am using Localizer's getPose method to find the currrent
      location of my robot. but the pose.x and pose.y
      return the cordinate in this unit

      X - 1.272E1... Y - 0.505

      X - 2.047E1... Y - -1.283E1

      X - 1.273E1... Y - -2.043E1

      X - 4.510... Y - -1.470E1

      X - 9.165... Y - -6.302

      and the API for Pose say this

      x - x coordinate in whatever units the software uses
      y - y coordinate in whatever units the software uses

      now what is this Whatever unit??? can we set the unit?
      or can i convert this to normal decimal unit like...
      x=0 y=0
      x=10 y=25

      thanks for your time and help
      best regards
      fossil
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2007
        Assuming your Localizer is an instance of the OdometricLocalizer class,
        the units are the units of the wheelDiameter and trackWidth parameters
        you provided in the constructor. If you are working with the example
        programs and the IntelliBrain-Bot, the units are inches. The output you
        included, below, is in scientific notation. The number after the E is
        the exponent of 10 the mantissa is multiplied by. For example:

        1.272E1 = 1.272 x 10^1 = 12.72

        Scientific calculators use this notation for very large and very small
        numbers. RoboJDE uses it for float variable.

        RidgeSoft Support

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "fossil_007" <fossil_007@...>