Intellibrain and aircable interfacing

  • manishdahiya81
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2007
      Hi,

      I would highly appreciate if anybody can post a sample code of any
      sort which works for the intellibrain(java code) and aircable
      code(aircable.bas) so that we can see a working program and it would
      be of immense help if anybody can list the steps for the working of
      the sample program.

      thanks and regards
      manish dahiya
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2007
        Hi Manish,

        Please review the other messages posted on this forum regarding using
        AIRcable adapters.

        Typically AIRcable adapters are used as a substitute for a real cable.
        The software running on the IntelliBrain controller doesn't do anything
        special - it works the same way it would with a real cable. To use an
        AIRcable in place of a real cable:

        1. Get the IntelliBrain controller communicating with your PC and
        RoboJDE via a real cable.

        2. Disconnect the real cable from the IntelliBrain controller.

        3. Connect the AIRcable serial adapter to the IntelliBrain controller.

        4. Power on the IntelliBrain controller.

        5. Pair the AIRcable adapters according to instructions from AIRcable.

        6. Switch the Serial Port setting in RoboJDE to use the new serial port
        allocated to the AIRcable adapter.

        Once you have completed this, RoboJDE should be able to communicate with
        the IntelliBrain controller the same as if you have a real cable
        connected.

        If you are interested in having your IntelliBrain programs do their own
        communication via the serial port, review the other posts on this
        message board regarding the topic, review the serial port section in
        the IntelliBrain User Guide, review the API documentation for
        IntelliBrain.getCom1 and SerialPort and see the example programs in
        \Program Files\RoboJDE\Examples\IntelliBrain\SerialPorts.

        RidgeSoft Support

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "manishdahiya81"