Hi

  • sazzda
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 15, 2007
      I have been trying to take the input from the aircable and display it
      in the LCD of the Intellibrain but I haven't been able to do so.
      Intellibrain can output the content to the AirCable but cannot take
      input from the AirCable, same is the problem when I use Hyperterminal.
      I don't know what is the problem.Can anyone help me??

      The code I have used is simple.

      inputbuffer.read(buffer1);

      but it isn't working......
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 15, 2007
        This is very little information to debug from. Can you post more code
        to provide more context? What is the specific symptom? "cannot take
        input" is not much to go on.

        RidgeSoft Support

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "sazzda" <sazzda@...> wrote:

        > I have been trying to take the input from the aircable and display it
        > in the LCD of the Intellibrain but I haven't been able to do so.
        > Intellibrain can output the content to the AirCable but cannot take
        > input from the AirCable, same is the problem when I use
        Hyperterminal.
        > I don't know what is the problem.Can anyone help me??
        >
        > The code I have used is simple.
        >
        > inputbuffer.read(buffer1);
        >
        > but it isn't working......

      • shraddha pathak
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 17, 2007
          Hi there,
          Sorry for that. The program we actually used is as follows:

          public class IntelliBrainComEcho {

                  try {
                            int i=0;
                            int data=55;
                            byte[] data2 = new byte[29];
                            byte[] data1=new byte[6];

                            SerialPort comPort = IntelliBrain.getCom1();
                            Display display=IntelliBrain.getLcdDisplay();

                             comPort.setSerialPortParams(115200,                  SerialPort.DATABITS_8, SerialPort.STOPBITS_1, SerialPort.PARITY_NONE);

                             InputStream inputStream = comPort.getInputStream();
                             OutputStream outputStream = comPort.getOutputStream();

                        display.print(0,Integer.toString(data));
                        display.print(1,"ready to read data");
                        Thread.sleep(3000);

                        while ((i = inputStream.read(data1))!=-1)
                        {

                                display.print(0,data1);
                                display.print(1,"data read");
                                 Thread.sleep(200);
                        }
                  }
                  catch (Exception e) {
                      e.printStackTrace();
                  }
              }
          }

          In this code, when we tried to display the value of the variable "data" and we were able to display is correctly i.e. 55. But when we tried to display the value of the variable "data1" which we read from the comport1 we were not able to do so.

          Thankyou
          Shraddha

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 17, 2007
            There's an example that you should take a look at in C:\Program
            Files\RoboJDE\Examples\IntelliBrain\SerialPorts\Echo. This program
            echos back each character received on the serial port. Using
            Hyperterminal, when you type, you should see what you type. You may
            want to try it first with a real cable. Once you have that working,
            try it with the AIRcable.

            RidgeSoft Support

            --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, shraddha pathak <sazzda@...>
            wrote:

            > Hi there,
            > Sorry for that. The program we actually used is as follows:
            >

            > public class IntelliBrainComEcho {
            >
            > public static void main(String args[]) {
            > try {
            > int i=0;
            > int data=55;
            > byte[] data2 = new byte[29];
            > byte[] data1=new byte[6];
            >
            > SerialPort comPort = IntelliBrain.getCom1();
            > Display display=IntelliBrain.getLcdDisplay();
            >
            > comPort.setSerialPortParams
            (115200, SerialPort.DATABITS_8,
            SerialPort.STOPBITS_1, SerialPort.PARITY_NONE);

            > InputStream inputStream =
            comPort.getInputStream();
            > OutputStream outputStream =
            comPort.getOutputStream();

            > display.print(0,Integer.toString(data));
            > display.print(1,"ready to read data");
            > Thread.sleep(3000);
            >
            > while ((i = inputStream.read(data1))!=-1)
            > {
            >
            > display.print(0,data1);
            > display.print(1,"data read");
            > Thread.sleep(200);
            > }
            > }
            > catch (Exception e) {
            > e.printStackTrace();
            > }
            > }
            > }
            >

            > In this code, when we tried to display the value of the
            variable "data" and we were able to display is correctly i.e. 55. But
            when we tried to display the value of the variable "data1" which we
            read from the comport1 we were not able to do so.

            > Thankyou
            > Shraddha
            >
            > RidgeSoft <rs1@...> wrote:
            > This is very little information to debug from. Can you
            post more code
            > to provide more context? What is the specific symptom? "cannot take
            > input" is not much to go on.
            >
            > RidgeSoft Support
            >
            > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "sazzda" <sazzda@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I have been trying to take the input from the aircable and
            display it
            > > in the LCD of the Intellibrain but I haven't been able to do so.
            > > Intellibrain can output the content to the AirCable but cannot
            take
            > > input from the AirCable, same is the problem when I use
            > Hyperterminal.
            > > I don't know what is the problem.Can anyone help me??
            > >
            > > The code I have used is simple.
            > >
            > > inputbuffer.read(buffer1);
            > >
            > > but it isn't working......

            http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

          • shraddha pathak
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 17, 2007
              Thanks for your quick response.
              But I already tried that, it didn't work. I was able to send a character from the robot to the hyperterminal and display that in hyperterminal using outputbuffer but wasn't able to send a character from the hyperterminal to robot and display in LCD.

              shraddha

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 18, 2007
                Hi Shraddha,

                I tried your program. It does work for me, though I it may not be
                doing what you expect (ie. it probably has a bug).

                The while loop reading from the serial port is reading 6 bytes on
                each iteration, therefore, you must type 6 characters before it will
                display anything, then it will display all 6 characters. It will do
                the same thing on the each subsequent iteration.