belkin serial port

  • wjrust
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2007
      I just downloaded the 1.5 update to a new laptop that doesn't have a
      serial port so I installed a belkin usb port. When I start up robojde
      and try to set the settings (com5 according to device manager and
      38400 baud), I get a message saying the port is busy (it's saying an
      unknown application owns the port). Any ideas on what's up?

      wjr
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2007
        That usually means there is some application like PalmSync, etc that has
        grabbed the port. Check the icons in the system tray (lower right next
        to the Windows clock) to see if there is anything there that might be
        using it. Also check in your statup folder to see if there are any
        applications there that might use it. You can try accessing it with
        Hyperterminal to check that it works. If you short the Tx pin to the Rx
        pin on the RS-232 end of the cable and type in Hyperterminal you should
        see the characters you type echoed to the screen.

        RidgeSoft Support