Re: Nubotics wheelwatchers

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
      There's an example program with comments in the source file regarding
      connecting the sensors. See \Program
      Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder\WheelWatcher\WW01

      RidgeSoft Support

      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "kariz75" <kariz75@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone. I just added nubotics wheelwatcher ww-01 but i have no
      > idea how to connect then to my robot. If anyone has the pin connection
      > to the robot board please let me know how to connect them. The
      > wheelwatchers comes with six wires which need to be connected to the
      > board.
      > Thanks

    • kariz75
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
        I went to \Program Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder but
        couldnt find any directions on how to install the wheel watchers.
        What i was looking for is the pins connetion on installation to the
        board.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
          There 4 wires from each of the wheel watcher you'll need to be
          concerned with:

          black - ground
          red - power
          blue - one signal
          yellow - the other signal

          None of the other wires need to be connected.

          Each WheelWatcher requires 2 digital ports. You can use any two, but
          it is convenient to use two next to each other, as in the example,
          which users IO9 and IO10. Connect black to pin 1 (nearest edge of
          the board) on either port and red to pin 2 (next pin from edge) on
          either port. Connect blue to the pin 3 (3rd from the edge), the
          signal pin, on one port, and yellow to pin 3 on the other port. For
          example:

          black - pin 1 on either port
          red - pin 2 on either port
          blue - pin 3 on IO10
          yellow - pin 3 on IO9

          In your porgram, allocate a ShaftEnocder and initialize it with the
          two ports you are using:

          IntelliBrainShaftEncoder encoder = IntelliBrain.getShaftEncoder(1);
          encoder.initialize(IntelliBrain.getDigitalIO(10),
          IntelliBrain.getDigitalIO(9));

          Use the getCounts method to read the encoder:

          int counts = encoder.getCounts();

          This is shown in the example program, which reads the encoder and
          displays the wheel RPM.

          If the encoder counts backwards from what you desire, swap the two
          signals by moving wires or by changing the order of the ports in the
          call to the initialize method.

          RidgeSoft Support

          --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "kariz75" <kariz75@...> wrote:

          > I went to \Program Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder but
          > couldnt find any directions on how to install the wheel watchers.
          > What i was looking for is the pins connetion on installation to the
          > board.
          >

          > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@> wrote:
          > >

          > > There's an example program with comments in the source file
          > regarding
          > > connecting the sensors. See \Program
          > > Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder\WheelWatcher\WW01
          > >
          > > RidgeSoft Support
          > >

          > > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "kariz75" <kariz75@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hi everyone. I just added nubotics wheelwatcher ww-01 but i
          have
          > no
          > > > idea how to connect then to my robot. If anyone has the pin
          > connection
          > > > to the robot board please let me know how to connect them. The
          > > > wheelwatchers comes with six wires which need to be connected
          > the
          > > > board.
          > > > Thanks

        • arturuong
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
            I saw the previous post on how to connect the cables to the board but
            I was wondering if any one could recommend a site to buy the small
            3-pin housing and crimps needed. Acroname sells a kit but it includes
            connectors I don't need and buying enough of those kits to supply the
            amount of 3-pins I need is expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

            Thanks