Nubotics wheelwatchers

  • kariz75
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
      Hi everyone. I just added nubotics wheelwatcher ww-01 but i have no
      idea how to connect then to my robot. If anyone has the pin connection
      to the robot board please let me know how to connect them. The
      wheelwatchers comes with six wires which need to be connected to the
      board.
      Thanks
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
        There's an example program with comments in the source file regarding
        connecting the sensors. See \Program
        Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder\WheelWatcher\WW01

        RidgeSoft Support

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "kariz75" <kariz75@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone. I just added nubotics wheelwatcher ww-01 but i have no
        > idea how to connect then to my robot. If anyone has the pin connection
        > to the robot board please let me know how to connect them. The
        > wheelwatchers comes with six wires which need to be connected to the
        > board.
        > Thanks

      • kariz75
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
          I went to \Program Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder but
          couldnt find any directions on how to install the wheel watchers.
          What i was looking for is the pins connetion on installation to the
          board.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 6, 2007
            There 4 wires from each of the wheel watcher you'll need to be
            concerned with:

            black - ground
            red - power
            blue - one signal
            yellow - the other signal

            None of the other wires need to be connected.

            Each WheelWatcher requires 2 digital ports. You can use any two, but
            it is convenient to use two next to each other, as in the example,
            which users IO9 and IO10. Connect black to pin 1 (nearest edge of
            the board) on either port and red to pin 2 (next pin from edge) on
            either port. Connect blue to the pin 3 (3rd from the edge), the
            signal pin, on one port, and yellow to pin 3 on the other port. For
            example:

            black - pin 1 on either port
            red - pin 2 on either port
            blue - pin 3 on IO10
            yellow - pin 3 on IO9

            In your porgram, allocate a ShaftEnocder and initialize it with the
            two ports you are using:

            IntelliBrainShaftEncoder encoder = IntelliBrain.getShaftEncoder(1);
            encoder.initialize(IntelliBrain.getDigitalIO(10),
            IntelliBrain.getDigitalIO(9));

            Use the getCounts method to read the encoder:

            int counts = encoder.getCounts();

            This is shown in the example program, which reads the encoder and
            displays the wheel RPM.

            If the encoder counts backwards from what you desire, swap the two
            signals by moving wires or by changing the order of the ports in the
            call to the initialize method.

            RidgeSoft Support

            --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "kariz75" <kariz75@...> wrote:

            > I went to \Program Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder but
            > couldnt find any directions on how to install the wheel watchers.
            > What i was looking for is the pins connetion on installation to the
            > board.
            >

            > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@> wrote:
            > >

            > > There's an example program with comments in the source file
            > regarding
            > > connecting the sensors. See \Program
            > > Files\RoboJDE\Examples\Sensors\ShaftEncoder\WheelWatcher\WW01
            > >
            > > RidgeSoft Support
            > >

            > > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "kariz75" <kariz75@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi everyone. I just added nubotics wheelwatcher ww-01 but i
            have
            > no
            > > > idea how to connect then to my robot. If anyone has the pin
            > connection
            > > > to the robot board please let me know how to connect them. The
            > > > wheelwatchers comes with six wires which need to be connected
            > the
            > > > board.
            > > > Thanks

          • arturuong
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 16, 2008
              I saw the previous post on how to connect the cables to the board but
              I was wondering if any one could recommend a site to buy the small
              3-pin housing and crimps needed. Acroname sells a kit but it includes
              connectors I don't need and buying enough of those kits to supply the
              amount of 3-pins I need is expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

              Thanks