new to this, but not new to JAVA

  • pingber
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 13, 2007
      Can anyone tell me .... I teach AP COmputer Science and am using JAVA
      1.5 with JCreator 3.5. Can I write my programs in JCreator
      using "standard" java along with the Intellibrain specific commands,
      compile in JCreator and then move it all to RoboJDE? If so, do I move
      only the source file or the compiled class? I'd rather have the
      students use the IDE they are used to and then use the RoboJDE just
      for the robot specific stuff ... is it possible?

      BTW, I really like this product ... so far, works as advertised and
      fits into my curriculum really well.

      Phil Ingber
      Nyack HS
      Nyack NY

      BTW, we are only evaluating right now so I guess I have the
      Intellibrain rather than the version 2?
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2007

        Phil,

        You should be able to use JCreator to edit and compile and RoboJDE to download and monitor your programs.  Although we have not tried this with JCreator, we have with Eclipse.  Many people use Eclipse with RoboJDE in this way.  The following message describes how to do this with Eclipse.  The process should be very similar for JCreator.

        If you are successful, please post the details of how to do it.

        RidgeSoft Support