Line Following Example on Intellibrain2Bot

  • garthpaine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
      Hi all

      I am having trouble getting my new Intellibrain2Bot to do the Line Following trick - it does
      not seem to drive the motors at all - I have tried other algorithms and infact all the Demo's
      work except this one - I have looked at the figures for the sensor outputs on the LCD - they
      are around 346-349, so under the 350 recommended in the manual but close - I can not see
      how to move the sensors up without triming the stand-off rods - what are other peoples
      experiences here?

      So when I place the bot on the line - nothing happens

      Help please - thanks

      Garth
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2007
        Hi Garth,

        The sensors should read very high over black - 600 to 900. It could be
        the surface you are using is not opaque or is too reflective, which
        would cause the sensors to read lower. Hold the robot over the line and
        observe the values reported by the sensors as you lift the robot
        straight up from the black suface. If the sensor reading does not
        increase significantly it is the surface that is the problem, not the
        height of the sensors. If it is indeed a problem that you cannot move
        the sensor high enough off the floor, the best solution will probably be
        reducing the "THRESHOLD" value in the sample program.