Re: PID Controller

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2006

      Joe,

      The gain constants and integral term maximum are totally dependent on the characteristics of the system you are controlling.  The following document gives a sense of how you can tune the constants to your system:  http://www.ridgesoft.com/articles/balancebot/BuildingABalancingRobot.pdf (see page 6).  There are also resources on the web which would provide insight.  Here's one example:  http://www.jashaw.com/pid/tutorial/index.html  Try Googling for more.