Unteathering your IntelliBrain-based robot with Bluetooth

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2005

      If you would like to allow your IntelliBrain-based robot to communicate to a host PC via an unteathered serial link, the following Bluetooth serial cable products from Air Cable may be what you are looking for:

      http://www.aircables.net/cr-usb-serial-male.html

      We have done some testing with these products and found they work well although the program download speed is significantly slower due to latency through the link.  However, they work well for sending telemetry and debug information to the host PC.

      Regards,

      The RidgeSoft Team

    • jackbosshard
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi,

        I can confirm, that this product works. But everytime I want to
        connect, there is a need to push the small knob with a screwdriver
        to start the pairing procedure.

        A trial to connect (as described in the aircable manual) in the
        command mode (hyperterminal under Windows XP and using a crossed RS
        232 cable (zero-modem cable)does not work i.e. no response. I want
        to configure it in such a way that pairing will be done
        automatically. Can someone give me a hint? (Remark: The above
        procedure does also not work with a RS 232 gendre changer)

        Regards

        Jack

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
          We've found in our testing that once the units are paired they
          remain paired. Our experience is that the only time you need to
          reinitiate the pairing procedure is to pair establish pairing
          between a different pairing of units.

          Have you contacted AirCable support?

          The RidgeSoft Team

          --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "jackbosshard" <hans-