MS Robotics Studio

  • Chris Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
      I would like to read about RidgeSoft's take on the new MS Robotics
      Studio. Have there been any discussions on this topic yet?

      --
      chris
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hi Chris,

        You are the first to post regarding MS Robotics Studio.

        We have done some initial testing to verify he IntelliBrain-Bot works
        with the MS Robotics Studio. For untethered operation we recommend
        the Bluetooth serial "cables" from www.aircable.net.

        RidgeSoft is planning to provide example programs which demonstrate
        integration with MS Robotics Studio, but it will be some time before
        these are available.

        A good place to start is with the BOE-Bot example included with MS
        Robotics studio. You can program the IntelliBrain-Bot to interface to
        MS Robotics Studio just as the BOE-Bot does. The communication
        protocol in this example is quite limited. The communication can be
        improved and simplified when using the IntelliBrain-Bot because the
        IntelliBrain robotics controller supports multi-threading. The
        IntelliBrain can maintain real-time communication with MSR and control
        the robot concurrently without awkward scheduling issues pervading the
        control program.

        Another place to check is the Python Robotics web site. An
        IntelliBrain-Bot example is posted there that implements a similar
        type of method for giving control to a host PC. See
        http://pyrorobotics.org/?page=Using_20the_20IntelliBrain-Bot

        RidgeSoft Support

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Rodriguez"