using intellibrain bots in class

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
      Hello,

      we are trying to use of bunch of intellibrain bots in an entry level
      class.

      I prepared some stuff to run on them, but want to "hide" some of the
      stuff.. I would like to put it in a jar file.

      How do I make a jar using RoboJDE ?

      Ron
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006

        Hi Ron,

        RoboJDE doesn't support creating jar files.  Eclipse includes a jar building feature.  See http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/~dquigley/cse219/index.php?it=eclipse&tt=jar&pf=y

        You could also use the jar utility included in the Java JDK.

        --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <cj5cowboy@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > we are trying to use of bunch of intellibrain bots in an entry level
        > class.
        >
        > I prepared some stuff to run on them, but want to "hide" some of the
        > stuff.. I would like to put it in a jar file.
        >
        > How do I make a jar using RoboJDE ?
        >
        > Ron

      • Ron
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
          Ok,

          Let's see we use BlueJ in that class too. And BlueJ can create jar
          files. So what I did is copied the class that I want to turn into a
          jar file in a seperate directory.

          When I try to compile it into a jar file it (of course) complains
          about not knowing where the com.ridgesoft libraries are.

          Where are those ?

          and can I import them like "import c:\some path\com.ridgesoft. ..." ?

          thanks,

          Ron

          --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Ron,
          >
          > RoboJDE doesn't support creating jar files. Eclipse includes a jar
          > building feature. See

          http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/~dquigley/cse219/index.php?it=eclipse&tt=ja\
          > r&pf=y

          <http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/~dquigley/cse219/index.php?it=eclipse&tt=j\
          > ar&pf=y>
          >
          > You could also use the jar utility included in the Java JDK.

          > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "Ron" <cj5cowboy@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > we are trying to use of bunch of intellibrain bots in an entry level
          > > class.
          > >
          > > I prepared some stuff to run on them, but want to "hide" some of the
          > > stuff.. I would like to put it in a jar file.
          > >
          > > How do I make a jar using RoboJDE ?
          > >
          > > Ron

        • William J. Rust
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 5, 2006
            I've done it in JCreator and the only jar you need is c:\program
            files\robojde\robojde.jar (or wherever you put the robojde folder).
            Unfortunately, you can only use RoboJDE to actually download it to the
            robot. However, LeJOS now has a Java based downloader that's open source
            and I'm wondering how hard it would be to adapt it to link and download
            to the IB. I now have LeJOS compiling and downloading out of netbeans
            and it would be really neat to do the same with IB.

            wjr