Programming_I2C bus

  • jackbosshard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2006
      Hi, I have got a new PID motor controller with an I2C interface.
      There are 4 motors. Motor 0 address is given by specification as:
      0x0B (read or write command included?). Motor 1 as: 0x0C. Which are
      the correct addresses in our case? Can someone help me to configure
      the control parameters with the intellibrain via the I2C bus:
      KpSpeedL, KpSpeedH (in total 16 bit) and the 32 bit velocity value
      for the parameters:
      SetPointLL, SetPointLH, SetPointHL, SetPointHH ? The register
      summary looks a little bit strange to me as for every 8bit value is
      a separate address (normally one address) given as follows:

      Parameter address remark

      KpSpeedL 0x3E
      KpSpeedH 0x3F Kp for speed PID control

      SetPointLL 0x2F
      SetPointLH 0x30
      SetPointHL 0x31
      SetPointHH 0x32 32 bit value for the velocity

      And how can I read the position values according to the following
      specification:

      PositionLL 0x34
      PositionLH 0x35
      PositionHL 0x36
      PositionHH 0x37 Always first read the PositionHH register!

      These 4 variable contain a copy of the 32 bit position.

      Many thanks for your support!!
      Regards
      Hans Jakob Bosshard