281Re: Can't download Virtual Machine to IntelliBrain

    Aug 13, 2008
      Peter,

      If there isn't another COM port listed other than your USB serial
      adapter, this indicates the AirCable USB adapter isn't installed
      correctly in Windows. When you plug the AirCable USB device into a
      USB port Windows should indicate there is newly found hardware. Also
      in the Device Manager within the Windows control panel you should see
      the USB port listed. If you don't see a port for the AirCable USB
      adapter listed consult the AirCable documentation and website for
      further information.

      Also, there is no need to download anything to determine if the
      IntelliBrain and the PC can communicate. The VM State indicates "Not
      Responding" when the two can't communicate. Any other state
      indicates the two are in communication. As long as "Not Responding"
      appears, downloading programs won't be possible.

      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
      <peter@...> wrote:

      > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Peter,
      > >
      > > It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is
      > not
      > > correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port.
      > -- How do I do this? There was only one port that I could select.
      > > Make sure the
      > > AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
      > > www.aircable.net for assistance with this).
      > -- Can you be more specific on this? I understood from the
      packaging
      > that there are no switches to set and no software to install.
      >
      > > Also, make sure the baud
      > > rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.
      > -- I did check this.
      > >
      > > I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your
      USB
      > > port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
      > > that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
      > > only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
      > > upgrade it.
      > -- After getting the USB to serial to work I tried the AIR cable
      > again,
      > with no better results.
      > I tried downloading the VM on the AIR cable because it was the only
      > thing I could try as the Load menu function was greyed out.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > RidgeSoft Support
      > >
      > > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
      > > <peter@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to
      > > downloading
      > > > the VM.
      > > >
      > > > When I try again with Bluetooth:
      > > > -both blue leds are steady,
      > > > -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
      > > > -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.
      > > >
      > > > Peter

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic