278Re: Can't download Virtual Machine to IntelliBrain

  • peter_chatterton2001
    Aug 12, 2008
      --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "RidgeSoft" <rs1@...> wrote:

      > Peter,
      >
      > It sounds as though the COM port you have selected in RoboJDE is
      not
      > correct. The AirCable should have its own COMx port.
      -- How do I do this? There was only one port that I could select.
      > Make sure the
      > AirCable hardware has installed properly on the PC (see
      > www.aircable.net for assistance with this).
      -- Can you be more specific on this? I understood from the packaging
      that there are no switches to set and no software to install.

      > Also, make sure the baud
      > rates on the robot and in the RoboJDE GUI are set to 115.2K.
      -- I did check this.

      > I would also recommend trying a less complex test. Using your USB
      > port, download and run one of the sample programs. Once you have
      > that working, switch to the AirCable and try the same thing. The
      > only time you should need to download the virtual machine is to
      > upgrade it.
      -- After getting the USB to serial to work I tried the AIR cable
      again,
      with no better results.
      I tried downloading the VM on the AIR cable because it was the only
      thing I could try as the Load menu function was greyed out.

      > --- In intellibrain@yahoogroups.com, "peter_chatterton2001"
      > <peter@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I got it working with a USB to serial converter, even to
      > downloading
      > > the VM.
      > >
      > > When I try again with Bluetooth:
      > > -both blue leds are steady,
      > > -the LCD shows "RoboJDE v1.5.2r1 and Load",
      > > -it builds okay but Load is greyed out.
      > >
      > > Peter

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic