231Problem Interfacing AirCable and Intellibrain

  • sazzda
    Jul 7, 2007
      Hi,

      I have been trying to interface the Aircable with the Intellibrain.
      For this I tried to send "Move" from the aircable to the intellibrain
      and make the robot move. The code I have been using is given below.

      public class Move {
      while(true){
      try {

      SerialPort comPort = IntelliBrain.getCom1();
      comPort.setSerialPortParams(9600,
      SerialPort.DATABITS_8,
      SerialPort.STOPBITS_1, SerialPort.PARITY_NONE);
      InputStream inputStream = comPort.getInputStream();
      OutputStream outputStream = comPort.getOutputStream();

      byte[] data1=new byte[5];
      int data=0;

      Servo leftServo=IntelliBrain.getServo(1);
      Servo rightServo=IntelliBrain.getServo(2);

      data=inputStream.read(data1);
      String input=new String(data1);

      if (data1[0]=='M'){

      leftServo.setPosition(100);
      rightServo.setPosition(0);
      Thread.sleep(500);
      leftServo.off();
      rightServo.off();
      }
      else
      {
      //System.out.println("Data not found");
      }
      }
      catch(Exception e)
      {
      }
      }
      }
      }

      It is not that this code does not work. It works, but only when I
      restart the aircable for several times while running the intellibrain
      program all the time. I don't know what is wrong with the program. It
      would be very grateful if any one could help.

      thankyou
      shraddha