need a interpretor for system information

  • dooneygone
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2004
      Hello: I am new to this group. I have two laptops, one an NEC which
      I am on now as my personal computer. As I write, I am looking at
      the "Microsoft System Inforatmation" on my Dell Inspiron 5000 which I
      have used in the past for medical transcription. However the company
      that I am going to be working for now as a med trans wants me to send
      them my system info to determine if my computer is "up to snuff".

      I was under the impression that the Dell Inspiron 5000 had a Pentium
      processor but here is what has me puzzled by what it says under
      system info:

      GenuineIntel x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3

      Further down it says: "Available space on Drive C: 27571 MB of
      28594 MB (FAT32)" How much hard drive is there? It looks to me like
      a lot. It is important for me to give accurate info to this company

      I do not have the original information which I thought said it had a
      Pentium processor, so any interpretation of the above would be most
      appreciated. Pauline