Inspiron 3500

  • ad6ez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2002
      Hi Folks ...

      I couldn't fine a Group for the I3500 so I'm hoping that someone here
      may have a I3500 laying around. Below is my plea for help that I
      posted on the Dell | Talk conference site:

      I have gone the full route with Dell trying to solve my problem. This
      may be my last resort! Here is my sad story. I pruchased my I3500 in
      July of 1999 from a third party. I paid cash after confirming with
      our local Sheriff Dept that it was not stolen.

      When I tried to purchase a copy of the Sytem CD so that I could re-
      create a new Suspend -To_Disk partition I was told that I had to
      transfer the Ownership before I could order any thing for my I3500.
      Well, I don't know who the rigistered owner of the this laptop is so
      I couldn't do that. Dell of course knows who it is but they wont
      contact him/her for their approval. So, I can't get any support for
      my I3500. I am a registered Dell customer with a desktop PC so they
      know who I am.

      My request here is: If someone with an I3500 that has their System CD
      with the necessary utilities could loan it to me or make me a copy I
      would appreciate it very much. After going through the mill and all
      their departments trying to find a way around this mess, I was told
      that this CD is not available from Dell anymore, anyway!.

      Can anyone Please help me out???

      You can Email me directly if you wish at: dennismo2@...

      Thanks ....

      Dennis ....