Hoping this club is not defunct!

  • taojing
    Message 1 of 62 , Aug 5, 2001
      I just found this club. Wondering how everyone is
      feeling about their Inspiron 5000 now. I've run into some
      problems with the hard drive. I ran diagnostics and sent
      Dell the results a few times before a technician there
      finally said that they would replace my drive. Wondering
      if this has happened to anyone else and if so what
      were your results like? Mine said something about a
      block not being able to be read. A beginner at all
      this...<br><br>Can anyone tell me why this thing gets so hot? I know
      that I have to adjust the power management settings in
      BIOS to get the fan to run more than it does (actually
      will only run during the diagnostics or after i've
      been working on it for several hours). Don't know if
      this will solve the problem. Anyone else?<br><br>Feel
      like belly aching about the weight. A friend of mine
      just bought an ibook that weighs less than five
      pounds, has a battery that lasts eight hours... feeling
      mighty envious. And it cost half of what I paid for the
      Inspiron. Oh well...
    • debra47348
      Message 62 of 62 , Mar 24, 2002
        You actually have to call into the dell tech support...this is the only way to clear it because they have to create a default password to clear the old one..