HOLY LAND FOUNDATION APPEAL: CELEBRATE EID WHILE SHARING WITH SOMEONE IN NEED!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2001
      Assalamu'alaikum,

      CELEBRATE EID WHILE SHARING WITH SOMEONE IN NEED

      Message from Holy Land Foundation:

      As we approach Eid, we are reminded of Prophet Ibrahim�s (PBUH)
      willingness to sacrifice his son to the will of Allah. This Eid is
      celebrated in his memory and as such, obliges us to sacrifice an animal,
      be it camel, cattle, or sheep, and give its meat in charity. In a Hadeeth
      Narrated by Ibn Masud: �There is no envy except in two: a person whom
      Allah has given wealth and he spends it in the right way, and a person
      whom Allah has given wisdom (i.e. religious knowledge) and he gives his
      decisions accordingly and teaches it to others." Today, many Muslims
      across the globe are suffering needlessly under the harshest of conditions
      and the cruelest of realities. In Palestine, the situation continues to
      deteriorate daily with World bodies calling to all peoples of conscious to
      aid in the relief effort as more and more innocent victims find themselves
      without shelter, food, or hope. In India, Muslims are being subjected to
      severe conditions after the devastating earthquake desperately in need of
      the most elemental of necessities such as clean water for drinking,
      cooking, and washing. In Chechnya, Muslims still huddle in dark shelters
      at night while scavenging for food in day light hours. And in Iraq,
      children continue to die in horrendous numbers while others are being
      denied basic food items essential for growth. The list continues, as we
      are all aware.

      Eid-ul-Adha is, according to Islamic teaching, a time for Muslims to learn
      the value of self-denial by making a sacrifice of something living to
      Allah. The Udhia/Qurban offered by Muslims all over the world on
      Eid-ul-Adha is also an act of worship, mainly as an expression of
      thankfulness for the bounties of Allah. Indeed, Udhia/Qurban is a symbol
      and substitute of one's own sacrifice. There are no scales that can weigh
      the amount of sincerity of giving that Holy Land Foundation donors have
      displayed since the start of the Intifada. Through you and the grace of
      Allah, we are doing incredible and much needed work, but we must continue
      our efforts. We will perform your Udhia/Qurban and distribute it to the
      countless number of Muslims who must live under the constraints of poverty
      and injustices where-ever you direct us on your behalf. Further, we are
      asking for your help in distributing much needed household items and
      clothing through the donation of $100 for an Eid Gift. Distribution will
      be made to numerous families who have lost all material belongings and
      much to proud to ask for assistance, as well as to those who have recently
      lost their bread winner and uncertain of how to care for these new orphans
      who look to them daily for answers. Visit our website at
      http://www.hlf.org/udhia2001.shtml and make an online donation, or call us
      at 800.909.6822. Together we can bring smiles to thousands of victims
      throughout the world while celebrating our Eid in accord with our faith.

      quotation marks).
      CANADA'S ONLINE ISLAMIC BOOKSTORE: HTTP://WWW.ISLAMICBOOKSCANADA.COM

      ISLAMIC NEWS AND INFORMATION NETWORK: HTTP://WWW.ININ.NET