Palestinian group Hamas (the only legitimate voice of Palestinian resistance) claims Gaza blast

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2001
      Assalamu'alaikum,

      Palestinian group Hamas (the only legitimate voice of Palestinian
      resistance) claims Gaza blast

      http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/reuters20010122_941.html

      GAZA (Reuters) - The Islamic militant
      group Hamas claimed responsibility for a
      bomb attack on an Israeli tank near the
      Jewish settlement of Netzarim in the
      Gaza Strip Monday. "We were able
      Monday morning to blow up a Zionist
      tank that usually escorted military
      convoys and convoys of settlers," said a
      statement issued in the name of the
      group"s military wing, the Izz el-Din Al-Qassam Brigade.
      An Israeli official said one Israeli soldier had been
      seriously wounded. The Hamas statement showed
      pictures of the tank before and after the attack and said
      the "operation" in which the tank was "completely
      destroyed" had also been filmed. "Our operation comes
      within our response to the ugly massacres by the
      monstrous entity against our unarmed people and
      especially the kidnapping of a Palestinian girl in Beir
      Naballah and as a last warning to the herds of settlers,"
      it
      said. Israeli undercover soldiers have arrested a student
      suspected of being the woman who used an Internet chat
      room to lure an Israeli teen-ager to his death. Hamas
      opposes Palestinian-Israeli peace deals and has claimed
      responsibility in the past for a series of suicide
      attacks that
      killed scores of Israelis. ^
      quotation marks).
      CANADA'S ONLINE ISLAMIC BOOKSTORE: HTTP://WWW.ISLAMICBOOKSCANADA.COM

      ISLAMIC NEWS AND INFORMATION NETWORK: HTTP://WWW.ININ.NET