As US Muslims go out and vote today, consider this

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      Assalamu'alaikum

      Once again ININ encourages all US Muslims NOT to vote and stand on the
      side of Haqq (righteousness) and reject this kafir system in its totality.
      Voting is a patent farce and only gives people the illusion that they have
      any say in anything. Your vote will not make one differnce at all.
      Read on for the kind of people you will be voting for if you vote....
      Allah will ask you what you did today, and we for one will be proud to say
      we did NOT support these bigots and hypocrits in any way and spoke out
      against them as we were commanded to do in al-Quran Qareem.

      Only Islam, because all else is Batil!!!!!

      Yahya Abdul Rahman

      Election 2000: Choosing Between Bigots and Hypocrites

      Copyright: http://www.iviews.com
      Published Monday September 18, 2000

      By Hamza Al-Zenitsawi

      With the U.S. elections approaching, it is increasingly difficult to
      decide whom Muslim Americans should choose. Sadly, our choice boils down
      to this: whichever side hates Islam the least. But figuring out which side
      that is is a tough task.

      The Republicans? Okay, the GOP generally opposes abortion and
      homosexuality, and that's good. On the other hand, the Republicans are
      tethered to a Christian extremist fringe committed to an ideological
      battle with Islam. A seemingly endless parade of Republican lawmakers have
      strode forth to smear Muslims: Chris Smith, Arlen Spector, Jim Saxton, and
      on, and on.

      At least Hillary invited us to the White House for Eid, some might say. At
      least the Clintons put a big star and crescent on the Mall one December
      next to the Star of David. They are the friends of the Muslims, they say.

      But with friends like this administration, who needs enemies? Clinton
      signed into law the provisions that now have tens of Muslims in jail on
      secret evidence. He legalized airline passenger profiling that
      systematically targets Muslims and Arabs. Under this administration, the
      U.S. State Department has begun "investigating" a respected Muslim
      charity, the Holy Land Foundation, because some of the orphans it feeds
      are the children of deceased Hamas activists.

      Clinton even has the US military involved in his crusade. US-dominated
      NATO has virtually declared war on Islamic movements in Central Asia.
      Joint military maneuvers between NATO, Russia, and several Central Asian
      dictatorships kicked off this week in Kazakhstan.

      "One of the reasons we believe it is so important to have the central
      Asian battalion exercises ... is to be able to handle these internal
      regional problems such as the [Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan]," said US
      General Thomas Franks.

      In Bosnia, NATO has been instrumental in the harassment of mujahideen who
      have been trying to live peacefully since the end of the war. NATO troops
      have recently assisted in forcibly evicting them from their homes. NATO
      soldiers drive through our village and glare menacingly at us women in our
      niqabs [face veils], one Bosnian woman told me.

      Last year the US pressured the Bosnian government into deporting the
      former commander of the mujahideen, a soft-spoken and much loved Bosnian
      citizen of Algerian origin who retired from the Bosnian army with a high
      rank. And NATO has pressured the Bosnian government to boot the Saudi High
      Committee for Help for Bosnia from the Sarajevo building it occupies on
      the grounds that it distributes "fundamentalist" literature.

      And in Asia, bowing to Indian pressure, Clintons top counter-terrorism
      official at the State Department is promising to brand Lahore-based
      Lashkar-e-Taiba as a terrorist organization. Lashkar meticulously avoids
      innocent civilians in its attacks on Indian military installations in
      occupied Kashmir, yet Indian security forces regularly torture and murder
      civilians in the region. No doubt that messy fact will not come up as
      Clinton meets with terrorist Indias president this week.

      At this moment, the armed forces of the Philippines are conducting an
      assault on the base of supposedly Islamic rebels Abu Sayyaf. Press reports
      from the Philippines say U.S. Special Forces in the country are
      participating. Defense Department spokesman Rear Adm. Craig Quigley denied
      American involvement on Friday, but he did admit that 200 U.S. Special
      Operations Forces were training in the Philippines.

      And lets not forget Clintons Monica missiles launched at Sudan and
      Afghanistan. Nor should we forget sanctions against Afghanistan, covert
      U.S. military operations in Sudan, CIA intelligence sharing with Russia in
      support of the military campaign against Chechnyas Muslims, and millions
      of starving children in Iraq. It would be no exaggeration to say that
      Clinton is quite possibly the most anti-Muslim president we have ever had.

      This is not to say there aren't a few sincere Democrats or tolerant
      Republicans. Even so, there is no reason to suspect Bush would be any
      different than Gore. In that case, Ill take the Christian fundamentalist
      bigots of the Republican Party over Clinton any day. At least they admit
      that they hate us.

      (Hamza Al-Zenitsawi is a freelance journalist in Washington, D.C.)

      quotation marks).
      CANADA'S ONLINE ISLAMIC BOOKSTORE: HTTP://WWW.ISLAMICBOOKSCANADA.COM

      ISLAMIC NEWS AND INFORMATION NETWORK: HTTP://WWW.ININ.NET