URGENT ALERT Re: Imam Jamil Al-Amin

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2000
      Assalamu'alaikum,

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: SSaala@...

      In the Name of Allah, Most Beneficent, Most Merciful

      O MUSLIMS YOUR MAXIMUM SUPPORT IS NEEDED!!!

      Dear Muslims: Your support is needed for the following extremely important
      initiatives:

      Re: Imam Jamil Al-Amin
      The campaign for our brother's defense is at a critical juncture; the
      expertise of The Peace And Justice Foundation is needed at the front-line
      (Atlanta, Ga.) for the education and mobilization effort. We made a
      commitment to travel to Atlanta
      once per month to lend assistance; we are past due for our second visit.

      Re: The Life Is Sacred Initiative
      Part Two of this initiative is scheduled for the weekend of June 23-24,
      insha'Allah. On Friday evening, June 23, a conference is being planned for
      Howard University to examine, and explore the question of what we can do
      about three cases involving the
      political imprisonment of Muslims:
      * Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman
      * Dr. Anwar Haddam
      * Imam Jamil Abdullah Al-Amin

      The next day (Saturday, June 24) beginning at 11 am, there will be a rally in
      Lafayette Park - at the White House.

      We also recommend to those supporting this effort, to consider traveling to
      Morgan State University in Baltimore, Md. to attend the third annual
      conference of Jama'at Al-Muslimeen. One of the speakers for the conference
      will be Nasser Ahmed (who was a "secret evidence" political prisoner for 3
      1/2 years. At this conference you will also be able to hear about other
      political prisoners in the U.S. - prisoners who have been incarcerated for
      two decades or more because of their commitment to human rights and positive
      change!

      Again your support is needed: Give according to your means, and be a partner
      in
      this work. This is one of the highest forms of zakat or sadaqa that we can
      give.
      Make checks or money orders payable to The Peace And Justice Foundation.

      INSHA' ALLAH, WE WILL BE SET UP OUTSIDE THE GATE OF DAR AL-HIJRAH (in Falls
      Church, Va.) FOLLOWING JUMAH TODAY TO DISSEMINATE INFORMATION AND RECEIVE
      SUPPORT FROM ANYONE WISHING TO GIVE.
      Jazakullah Khairan,
      El-Hajj Mauri' Saalakhan

      quotation marks).
      CANADA'S ONLINE ISLAMIC BOOKSTORE: HTTP://WWW.ISLAMICBOOKSCANADA.COM

      ISLAMIC NEWS AND INFORMATION NETWORK: HTTP://WWW.ININ.NET