FREE Muslim hosting with no adverts at ummah.com!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2000
      Assalamu'alaikum,

      Please spread the word.

      "why should I place my content on ummah.com ??"

      ummah.com is a collaborative, community media project

      ummah.com offers you:

      1) large amounts of free webspace - we are not allowed to say how large - but
      its large! -- the server WILL NOT ALLOW us to give you anything less than 50mb!

      2) *streaming* media content hosting - multimedia files welcome - by special
      arrangement

      3) hosting for your cgi scripts [many won't do this for you]

      4) users guestbooks, full statistics site visits, web forum for their own etc
      with little or no adverts except for ummah.com link without vulgar, unethical,
      large, slow adverts.

      5) a short memorable URL (web address) like http://www.ummah.com/hajj

      6) independent / nonpartisan hosting [ummah.com is not a political party or
      sect] - we don't interfere with your project or edit your content

      7) a service managed and financed by its members - a global virtual team
      [content partners are never asked for money]

      8) hosting for content that some consider unwelcome but is tolerated or welcomed
      on ummah.com [as long as it is beneficial for the ummah]

      9) a dedicated - not shared - webserver so we have complete flexibility on what
      we can do on the ummah.com server (try getting that degree of flexibilty from an
      ISP or web hosting company)

      10) an alternate offshore website for content which may be or has been banned
      elsewhere.

      11) a live mirror backup website if you have content elsewhere

      12) to join or federate your news service with the ummah.com news service

      13) merger or alliance with other Muslim media or news projects

      14) support by a five year old project: so the project has continuity despite
      people coming and leaving the project team

      15) free hosting of Muslim commercial content.

      *** Apply for an account now!!! Contact Muhammad Marikar at
      newacc@... Remember to tell us the username you want (which must be
      less than 14 characters long). ***

      Salams

      quotation marks).
      CANADA'S ONLINE ISLAMIC BOOKSTORE: HTTP://WWW.ISLAMICBOOKSCANADA.COM

      ISLAMIC NEWS AND INFORMATION NETWORK: HTTP://WWW.ININ.NET