From Bill in MO: police state too!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2002
      hi,

      i'm bill from missouri.

      i hope this is the right place to do this.

      last saturday while driving home from st louis,
      i stopped at a quick trip(gas/convenience store)
      to refuel. i saw 3 city cop cars stop a late model ford pickup.
      in the back of the truck was a hand painted sign stating the drivers'
      dispeasure with ford's extended warranty. i talked with the driver and he said
      he had checked with his lawyer to see if it was legal for him to do so.
      the cops told him he was "obstructing traffic" and other bs.
      number 4 cop cars shows up. i fill my tank, pay for the fuel
      and as i'm getting in my truck, i remember my "old faithful"
      35mm yashica. i remember alex saying cops don't like their pictures taken.<grin>
      i snap a few get in my truck and leave.
      before i make it out of the parking lot, the red lights are on.
      (i can't believe this is happening!)
      i keep going hoping he will turn off but he follows me.
      (he can't be pulling me over for taking a picture!!)
      he did! asked me what i was doing.
      i lied. i told him i was a "ford freek" and just bought a truck
      just like it and wanted to know if they all had a "weak spot".
      "are you sure that all you were doing?"
      i lied again. "sure."
      he checked my license and got my passengers license also.
      we are both good boys, but he had to call it in just the same.

      a friend called thursday(?) and said checkpoints were set up near farmington
      missouri that day. i was told there were 7 highway patrol taking part in this.
      it was for seat belt, driver's license and proof of insurance.

      the police state is alive and well in missouri!!