Famous Quotes Regarding the NWO

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 19, 2002
      Famous Quotes Regarding the NWO
      Please forward all infowars.com newsgroup messages far and wide and let all those who care about the future of our Republic where to go for the most comprehensive information they need to fight the New World Order:
      www.infowars.com

      From a Listener:

       Famous Quotes Regarding the NWO

      [The following list of quotes was originally compiled by an anonymous source
      who is opposed to the NWO,
      so I apologise that I cannot give better references,
      such as page numbers, and so forth.
      The present editor (Bruce Beach) has further organized and edited the quotes.
      If any reader can provide further quotes, sources, or suggestions,
      they will be much appreciated. bruce@...
      In order to distinguish my editorial comments
      I have emphasized them and have placed them in brackets.]

      "Quotes from famous people
      about THE NEW WORLD ORDER"

      [The following quotations] "...clearly demonstrate that the words "new world order" are deadly serious and furthermore, have been in use for decades. They did not originate with President George Bush in 1990. The "old world order" is one based on independent nation-states. The "new world order" involves the elimination of the sovereignty and independence of nation-states and [creation of] some form of world government. This means the end of the United States of America, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights as we now know them. Most of the new world order proposals involve the conversion of the United Nations and its agencies to a world government, complete with a world army, a world parliament, a world court, global taxation, and numerous other agencies to control every aspect of human life (education, nutrition, health care, population, immigration, communications, transportation, commerce, agriculture, finance, the environment, etc.). The various notions of the "new world order" differ as to details and scale, but agree on the basic principle and substance."

      Statement by the original compiler of these quotes
      as received in an email.

      [The degree of control is certainly a matter of speculation. There will certainly be some control, (just as there is now, but maybe more or less) or guidelines or restrictions in most of these areas, but the degree would vary from area to area and as a matter of practicality it will often be important to avoid over centralization. A second point raised in the above involves the elimination of national sovereignty, and if we mean by that the right to make war, by either physical or economic means, then that is undoubtedly true, however the NWO by no means requires the elimination of national or cultural identities.]

      Index of quotes

      Click here to return to the
      Root Document

        [While it is possible to use the index to find a particular individual it is best for a first time reader to simply go to the first entry and to then read through all the quotes and comments sequentially.]
      Statements by (or about) World Leaders
      (such as US Presidents)
      in favor of the NWO

        William Clinton
        William Clinton
        Richard Nixon
        Richard Nixon
        John F. Kennedy
        George Herbert Walker Bush
        President George Bush (January 1991)
        Hubert H. Humphrey
        George McGovern
        Richard Gephardt
        Dr. Henry Kissinger
        Dr. Henry Kissinger
        Dr. Henry Kissinger
        John Foster Dulles and Thomas E. Dewey
        Arthur Schlesinger, Jr.,
        Undersecretary of State Sumner Welles
        Strobe Talbot, President Clinton's Deputy Secretary of State
        A. M. Rosenthal
        William Safire
        Mikhail Gorbachev
        Nelson Mandela
        President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt
      Statements by (or about) the Rich and/or Famous in favor of NWO

        David Rockefeller
        Gov. Nelson Rockefeller
        Gov. Nelson Rockefeller
        Senator William Fulbright
        Richard Gardner, Council on Foreign Relations member
        James Warburg, Council on Foreign Relations member
        Professor Arnold Toynbee
        Richard A. Falk
        Sen. Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
        Government of Morocco
        Kenichi Ohmae, political reform leader in Japan,
        Brent Scowcroft
        American Institute of Judaism
        Stephen John Stedman
        States Legislatures
        Notre Dame Professor
        Nicholas Murray Butler
        M. C. Alexander
        Dr. Augustus O. Thomas
        H. G. Wells
      Statements by world leaders
      such as US Presidents
      of concern about conspiracy

        Woodrow Wilson
        FDR
        Curtis Dall, FDR's son-in-law
        Winston Churchill
        Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England
        Benjamin Disraeli, first Prime Minister of England
        Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter
        Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK
        Senator William Jenner
        U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater
        Professor Carroll Quigley
      Statements of concern about conspiracy by the Rich and/or Famous

        Norman Thomas
        New York City Mayor John F. Hylan
        Congressman Larry P. McDonald
        Myron Fagan
        British military historian MajorGeneral J.F.C. Fuller
        Former Congressman John Rarick
        U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway
        Christian Science Monitor editorial, June 19th, l920
        The Christian Science Monitor, September 1, l961
        Monthly Review Press
        Harpers
        Stratcom

      Statements outright opposed to the NWO

        Episcopal Church in General Convention
        The New York Times
        Senator Jesse Helms - 1987 before US Senate

      Click here to return to the
      Root Document

      Statements by (or about) World Leaders
      (such as US Presidents)
      in favor of the NWO

      "There are a lot of very brilliant people who believe that the nation-state is fast becoming a relic of the past,"

      President Clinton,
      New York Times, November 25, 1997

      Click here to return to the

      "What I'm trying to do is to promote a process of reorganization of the world ..."

      President Clinton,
      interview with Argentine reporters, October 17, 1997.

      Click here to return to the

      "The developing coherence of Asian regional thinking is reflected in a disposition to consider problems and loyalties in regional terms, and to evolve regional approaches to development needs and to the evolution of a new world order."

      Richard Nixon, in Foreign Affairs (October 1967)

      [There are those who have proposed Regional Governments. Regional spheres of influence. The aspirations of Japan in Asia, of Russia over what was the USSR, of the US in the Americas (an extension of the Monroe Doctrine), and so forth. But American's see their interests as more global, such as their oil interests in the Near East. Communication, air transportation, use of the seas and satellite space, world wide pollution and environmental concerns, along with many other issues, are global in nature. Large sovereign regional governments could, and would, lead to inter-regional conflicts. Consequently, regional alliances must be seen simply as a step towards greater global unification.]

      Click here to return to the

      "He [President Nixon] spoke of the talks as a beginning, saying nothing more about the prospects for future contacts and merely reiterating the belief he brought to China that both nations share an interest in peace and building 'a new world order.'"

      Excerpt from an article in The New York Times (February 1972)

      [Many of the leaders of China, Russia, the U.S. and many other countries, all recognize the need for an effective world government. The bone of contention remains as to who (and what philosophy) is going to control it. Capitalism has been more economically successful but there are still those who oppose it. They particularly oppose the imposition of "western" capitalism and even "western" culture.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The United Nations cannot survive as a static organization. Its obligations are increasing as well as its size. Its charter must be changed, as well as its customs. The authors of that charter did not intend that it be frozen in perpetuity. The science of weapons and war has made us all one world and one human race with one common destiny. The United Nations, building on its successes and learning from its failures, must be developed into a genuine world security system."

      President John F. Kennedy
      September 20, 1963

      [All statesmen, no matter their country or political affiliation, have identified the problem just as President Kennedy did here. Those who are opposed to One World Government need to point out an alternative solution, and any suggested to this writer will be gladly published in these pages.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The world can therefore seize the opportunity [Persian Gulf crisis] to fulfill the long-held promise of a New World Order where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind."

      George Herbert Walker Bush

      [The quotes from Nixon and Bush should leave no one accusing the NWO concept of being a "leftish" idea. In point of fact, it is a universalist concept that cuts across the lines of the political left and right, besides all geographical and cultural sectors of the world.]

      Click here to return to the

      "If we do not follow the dictates of our inner moral compass and stand up for human life, then his lawlessness will threaten the peace and democracy of the emerging new world order we now see, this long dreamed-of vision we've all worked toward for so long."

      President George Bush (January 1991)

      Click here to return to the

      "A New World Order"

      Title of article on commencement address
      at the University of Pennsylvania by
      Hubert H. Humphrey,
      printed in the Pennsylvania Gazette (June 1977)

      Click here to return to the

      "I would support a Presidential candidate who pledged to take the following steps: ... At the end of the war in the Persian Gulf, press for a comprehensive Middle East settlement and for a 'new world order' based not on Pax Americana but on peace through law with a stronger U.N. and World Court."

      George McGovern,
      in The New York Times (February 1991)

      [From their inceptions, the League of Nations and the United Nations were doomed to failure because of the weakness of their charters that permitted continued national anarchies.]

      Click here to return to the

      "We can see beyond the present shadows of war in the Middle East to a new world order where the strong work together to deter and stop aggression. This was precisely Franklin Roosevelt's and Winston Churchill's vision for peace for the post-war period."

      Richard Gephardt,
      in The Wall Street Journal (September 1990)

      [And we could add to that President Woodrow Wilson, the effective father of the League of Nations, who in reality sacrificed his health and life for its formation, but who was frustrated by the shortsightedness of the U.S. Congress.]

      Click here to return to the

      "Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or *promulgated* [emphasis by original compiler], that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this *scenario*, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."

      Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

      [President Ronald Regan also commented that what this planet needed was an invasion from an outside enemy, in order to unify it. The accuracy of the above quote is however highly suspect, because the Bilderberger meetings are kept very secret and no minutes or reports are released to the public.]

      Click here to return to the

      "My country's history, Mr. President, tells us that it is possible to fashion unity while cherishing diversity, that common action is possible despite the variety of races, interests, and beliefs we see here in this chamber. Progress and peace and justice are attainable. So we say to all peoples and governments: Let us fashion together a new world order."

      Henry Kissinger,
      (in address before the General Assembly of the United Nations, October 1975)

      Click here to return to the

      "How to Achieve The New World Order"

      Title of book excerpt by Henry Kissinger,
      in Time magazine (March 1994)

      Click here to return to the

      "He [John Foster Dulles] stated directly to me that he had every reason to believe that the Governor [Thomas E. Dewey of New York] accepts his point of view and that he is personally convinced that this is the policy that he would promote with great vigor if elected. So it is fair to say that on the first round the Sphinx of Albany has established himself as a prima facie champion of a strong and definite new world order."

      Excerpt from article by Ralph W. Page
      in The Philadelphia Bulletin (May 1944)

      Click here to return to the

      "We are not going to achieve a new world order without paying for it in blood as well as in words and money."

      Arthur Schlesinger, Jr., in Foreign Affairs (July/August 1995)

      [Well! Still probably not what this editor thinks. That the agreement on the NWO will be reached as the result of all out Nuclear War. The World Millenium Conference has already been scheduled for September 2001.]

      Click here to return to the

      "Undersecretary of State Sumner Welles tonight called for the early creation of an international organization of anti-Axis nations to control the world during the period between the armistice at the end of the present war and the setting up of a new world order on a permanent basis."

      Text of article in The Philadelphia Inquirer (June 1942)

      [Many have thought and struggled for the idea for a long time.]

      Click here to return to the

      "In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single, global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all."

      Strobe Talbot,
      President Clinton's Deputy Secretary of State,
      as quoted in Time, July 20th, l992.

      Click here to return to the

      "But it became clear as time went on that in Mr. Bush's mind the New World Order was founded on a convergence of goals and interests between the U.S. and the Soviet Union, so strong and permanent that they would work as a team through the U.N. Security Council."

      Excerpt from A. M. Rosenthal,
      in The New York Times (January 1991)

      Click here to return to the

      "... it's Bush's baby, even if he shares its popularization with Gorbachev. Forget the Hitler 'new order' root; F.D.R. used the phrase earlier."

      William Safire,
      in The New York Times (February 1991)

      [An idea whose time has come.]

      Click here to return to the

      "Further global progress is now possible only through a quest for universal consensus in the movement towards a new world order."

      Mikhail Gorbachev,
      in an address at the United Nations (December 1988)

      [Much of the world sees the need but only catastrophe will motivate it to action.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The new world order that is in the making must focus on the creation of a world of democracy, peace and prosperity for all."

      Nelson Mandela,
      in The Philadelphia Inquirer (October 1994)

      [And especially universal justice.]

      Click here to return to the

      The renewal of the nonproliferation treaty was described as important "for the welfare of the whole world and the new world order."

      President Hosni Mubarak of Egypt,
      in The New York Times (April 1995)

      [Another limited idea. What will actually be required after the Third World War (nuclear) is the total elimination of weapons of mass destruction.]

      Click here to return to the

      Statements by (or about) the Rich and/or Famous in favor of NWO

      "We are grateful to The Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the work is now much more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national autodetermination practiced in past centuries."

      David Rockefeller,
      ( founder of the Trilateral Commission),
      in an address to a meeting of The Trilateral Commission,
      in June, 1991.

      [Very scary. This should perhaps have been almost better under the conspiracy section. But it is the reality. The reality concerning the monetary system. Who controls the Federal Reserve? The reality concerning Congress. Who controls the main committees? The reality concerning the political parties. Who controls the smoke filled back rooms? But it is most irritating regarding the press. There was a Bilderberger's meeting near where I live. The press made zip effort to report it. Scary. But no different in other countries or systems. The patriotic media only tells us what the military wants us to know during a war. The loyal media is careful to toe the goverment's and banker's line during a crisis like Y2K, so that other than the "official" line all we got were "nut" stories. Can we make it different under the New World Order? Sadly, probably not. But we should try.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The United Nations, he told an audience at Harvard University, 'has not been able--nor can it be able--to shape a new world order which events so compellingly demand.' ... The new world order that will answer economic, military, and political problems, he said, 'urgently requires, I believe, that the United States take the leadership among all free peoples to make the underlying concepts and aspirations of national sovereignty truly meaningful through the federal approach.'"

      Gov. Nelson Rockefeller of New York,
      in an article entitled "Rockefeller Bids Free Lands Unite:
      Calls at Harvard for Drive to Build New World Order"
      -- The New York Times (February 1962)

      [Now, actually another limited idea. ALL must now be united. At one time it might have been possible to have formed a commonwealth of nations that had achieved a certain level of democracy and prosperity and to continuously widen the circle by motivating others to meet the standards so that they could also gain the benefits of joining the club, but that time too is now past. All must now be required to join the club and abide by the rules in order to eliminate the nuclear threat.]

      Click here to return to the

      "At the old Inter-American Office in the Commerce Building here in Roosevelt's time, as Assistant Secretary of State for Latin American Affairs under President Truman, as chief whip with Adlai Stevenson and Tom Finletter at the founding of the United Nations in San Francisco, Nelson Rockefeller was in the forefront of the struggle to establish not only an American system of political and economic security but a new world order."

      Part of article in The New York Times (November 1975)

      Click here to return to the

      "The case for government by elites is irrefutable"

      Senator William Fulbright,
      Former chairman of the US Senate Foreign Relations Committee,
      stated at a 1963 symposium entitled:
      The Elite and the Electorate - Is Government by the People Possible?

      [This is not a core concept to the idea of the NWO. There can still be the "one person / one vote". On the other hand, voter eligibility standards, as regards literacy and so forth, does not sound unreasonable. Monitoring of voting to assure fairness, is also another reasonable concept.]

      Click here to return to the

      "If instant world government, Charter review, and a greatly strengthened International Court do not provide the answers, what hope for progress is there? The answer will not satisfy those who seek simple solutions to complex problems, but it comes down essentially to this: The hope for the foreseeable lies, not in building up a few ambitious central institutions of universal membership and general jurisdiction as was envisaged at the end of the last war, but rather in the much more decentralized, disorderly and pragmatic process of inventing or adapting institutions of limited jurisdiction and selected membership to deal with specific problems on a case-by-case basis ... In short, the 'house of world order' will have to be built from the bottom up rather than from the top down. It will look like a great 'booming, buzzing confusion,' to use William James' famous description of reality, but an end run around national sovereignty, eroding it piece by piece, will accomplish much more than the old-fashioned frontal assault."

      Richard N. Gardner, in Foreign Affairs (April 1974)

      [This is a pragmatic view regarding what has occured to date. But time and opportunity change. A nuclear war may be necessary to bring humanity to that point of change.]

      Click here to return to the

      "We shall have world government whether or not you like it, by conquest or consent."

      Statement by
      Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) member
      James Warburg
      to The Senate Foreign Relations Committee
      on February 17th, l950

      [It is difficult to see, who could conquest whom, in a world filled with weapons of mass destruction. On the other hand it is certainly conceivable that there may be universal consent to forming a world government in order to prevent their repeated use.]

      Click here to return to the

      "We are at present working discreetly with all our might to wrest this mysterious force called sovereignty out of the clutches of the local nation states of the world."

      Professor Arnold Toynbee,
      in a June l931 speech before
      the Institute for the Study of International Affairs in Copenhagen.

      [The historian's view. I don't know that Toynbee would agree histiographically but I would call it the Divine Destiny.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The existing order is breaking down at a very rapid rate, and the main uncertainty is whether mankind can exert a positive role in shaping a new world order or is doomed to await collapse in a passive posture. We believe a new order will be born no later than early in the next century and that the death throes of the old and the birth pangs of the new will be a testing time for the human species."

      Richard A. Falk,
      in an article entitled
      "Toward a New World Order: Modest Methods and Drastic Visions,"
      in the book On the Creation of a Just World Order (1975)

      Click here to return to the

      "How I Learned to Love the New World Order"

      Article by Sen. Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
      in The Wall Street Journal (April 1992)

      Click here to return to the

      "The Final Act of the Uruguay Round, marking the conclusion of the most ambitious trade negotiation of our century, will give birth - in Morocco - to the World Trade Organization, the third pillar of the New World Order, along with the United Nations and the International Monetary Fund."

      Part of full-page advertisement
      by the government of Morocco
      in The New York Times (April 1994)

      [The many embryonic organizations such as the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, even the International Olympic Organization, will all need to be brought under the purview of the NWO World Government. Openly. Responsive. Responsible.]

      Click here to return to the

      "New World Order: The Rise of the Region-State"

      Title of article by Kenichi Ohmae,
      political reform leader in Japan,
      in The Wall Street Journal (August 1994)

      [As mentioned before, Region-States can have certain benefits, but they can have no more sovereignity than that allowed to any other "independent" nations and must be subject to the same controls regarding military organization, monetary regulation, and so forth as any other "independent" nation.]

      Click here to return to the

      "We believe we are creating the beginning of a new world order coming out of the collapse of the U.S.-Soviet antagonisms."

      Brent Scowcroft (August 1990),
      quoted in The Washington Post (May 1991)

      [Many events have laid the groundwork for what must in the final analyses be an emerging human conciousness of universalism.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The statement went on to say that the spiritual teachings of religion must become the foundation for the new world order and that national sovereignty must be subordinate to the higher moral law of God."

      American Institute of Judaism,
      excerpt from article in The New York Times (December 1942)

      [Would that mankind could realize this. But no, there remains too great a diversity among the peoples of the earth and consequently the NWO will remain simply a secular state. Much progress will have to follow in subsequent centuries in order to achieve the spiritualization of the planet. This is of course a somewhat secular view. There are those religionists who expect otherwise. Such as Christians expecting the establishment of a Divine Kingdom with Jesus sitting on the throne, or New Age religionists expecting some universal harmonic suddenly changing the nature of man in the Age of Aquarius.]

      Click here to return to the

      "Alchemy for a New World Order"

      Article by Stephen John Stedman
      in Foreign Affairs (May/June 1995)

      Click here to return to the

      "If totalitarianism wins this conflict, the world will be ruled by tyrants, and individuals will be slaves. If democracy wins, the nations of the earth will be united in a commonwealth of free peoples, and individuals, wherever found, will be the sovereign units of the new world order."

      The Declaration of the Federation of the World,
      produced by the Congress on World Federation,
      adopted by the Legislatures of
      North Carolina (1941),
      New Jersey (1942),
      Pennsylvania (1943),
      and possibly other states.

      [Or it can be both. The NWO may well have to make room for both totalitarian and democratic states. The progress of humanity may well be slow and painful.]

      Click here to return to the

      "New World Order Needed for Peace:
      State Sovereignty Must Go,
      Declares Notre Dame Professor"

      Title of article in The Tablet (Brooklyn) (March 1942)

      Click here to return to the

      "The old world order changed when this war-storm broke. The old international order passed away as suddenly, as unexpectedly, and as completely as if it had been wiped out by a gigantic flood, by a great tempest, or by a volcanic eruption. The old world order died with the setting of that day's sun and a new world order is being born while I speak, with birth-pangs so terrible that it seems almost incredible that life could come out of such fearful suffering and such overwhelming sorrow."

      Nicholas Murray Butler,
      in an address delivered before the Union League of Philadelphia,
      Nov. 27, 1915

      [This may very well be accurate. It is however, a long and painful birth, which has not yet reached its climax at this writing in 1999.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The peace conference has assembled. It will make the most momentous decisions in history, and upon these decisions will rest the stability of the new world order and the future peace of the world."

      M. C. Alexander,
      Executive Secretary of the American Association for International Conciliation,
      in a subscription letter for the periodical International Conciliation (1919)

      [And many more have met since. But we still await another. Perhaps in September of 2000. If not then, then surely soon.]

      Click here to return to the

      "If there are those who think we are to jump immediately into a new world order, actuated by complete understanding and brotherly love, they are doomed to disappointment. If we are ever to approach that time, it will be after patient and persistent effort of long duration. The present international situation of mistrust and fear can only be corrected by a formula of equal status, continuously applied, to every phase of international contacts, until the cobwebs of the old order are brushed out of the minds of the people of all lands."

      Dr. Augustus O. Thomas,
      president of the World Federation of Education Associations (August 1927),
      quoted in the book
      International Understanding: Agencies Educating for a New World (1931)

      [Or alternatively, through the impetus of great catastrophe. The shared catastrophe of a nuclear WWIII would be the first world wide shared event. Even during the first and second world wars, America, while losing soldiers overseas did not taste of the direct effects of war. Today, through such things as the photographs of the earth from space, there has been a growing global conciousness, but the global catastrophe may be the final crucible necessary to get it to meld together.]

      Click here to return to the

      "... when the struggle seems to be drifting definitely towards a world social democracy, there may still be very great delays and disappointments before it becomes an efficient and beneficent world system. Countless people ... will hate the new world order ... and will die protesting against it. When we attempt to evaluate its promise, we have to bear in mind the distress of a generation or so of malcontents, many of them quite gallant and graceful-looking people."

      H. G. Wells,
      in his book entitled The New World Order (1939)

      [Always astonishing, how well Wells could see the future.]

      Click here to return to the

      Statements by world leaders
      such as US Presidents
      of concern about conspiracy

      "Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the Field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."

      Woodrow Wilson,The New Freedom (1913)

      [There are undoubtedly conspiracies. That there is "A" conspiracy, is questionable. Many leaders have had false ideas similar to those found among the masses of people on such subjects as religion, astrology, and you name it. Among the conspirators that do exist, from the Bilderbergers to the Tri-lateral Commission, from the Oil Cartels to other business associations of great number, from the board of directors of great corporations to their interlocking memberships with the banks and others, their is undoubtedly much overlap in membership, agreement about goals and collusion in policy, but all of their members would generally resent being considered as being conspirators. Insiders, yes. Power brokers, yes. Elite, probably. But evil conspirators no. Nevertheless, there must be wrested from their clasp the rights of the rest of the citizens of the world. No matter how enlightened or altruistic they may feel, they must not be allowed to govern without the consent of the governed - all the rest of the citizens of the world.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson."

      A letter written by FDR to Colonel House, November 21st, l933

      [Unfortunately, undoubtedly true. Regardless of which party happens to be in power at the moment. This however, is not a conspiracy in the intended sense. It is the operation of the "old boys" club. The wealthy looking out for the wealthy. And they do indeed control everything. From large contributions to the political parties, to the corporations, to the media. Oftentimes (usually) even the churches. The control is subtle however. If one does not hold the "right" ideas, they simply do not get promoted or funded. There is no obvious pledge of allegiance that one has to make. In the media for example, a publisher that thinks wrongly just will not get funding. An editor that thinks wrongly will just not get hired. By the time we get down to the cub reporter every attitude is so ingrained that nothing that truly questions the institutions will be seriously considered. This is as true under every system. Capitalism, Communism, Naziism, Catholicism, Judaism, you name it. It is a human problem. The first thing in human history to perhaps offer a break of the iron box has been the Internet, and there are those who are seeking to control it. At the invention of the printing press, there were many concerned about the spread of literacy to the masses. They need not have worried. Ways were found to control the media, as we have just seen. Will the same happen to the web?]

      Click here to return to the

      "For a long time I felt that FDR had developed many thoughts and ideas that were his own to benefit this country, the United States. But, he didn't. Most of his thoughts, his political ammunition, as it were, were carefully manufactured for him in advanced by the Council on Foreign Relations-One World Money group. Brilliantly, with great gusto, like a fine piece of artillery, he exploded that prepared "ammunition" in the middle of an unsuspecting target, the American people, and thus paid off and returned his internationalist political support. "The UN is but a long-range, international banking apparatus clearly set up for financial and economic profit by a small group of powerful One-World revolutionaries, hungry for profit and power. "The depression was the calculated 'shearing' of the public by the World Money powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of supply of call money in the New York money market....The One World Government leaders and their ever close bankers have now acquired full control of the money and credit machinery of the U.S. via the creation of the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank."

      Curtis Dall,
      FDR's son-in-law as quoted in his book,
      My Exploited Father-in-Law

      [Conspiracy theory holds that nothing happens by accident, and in the Divine sense this is true, but not everything is under the control of man. At the outset, no one knew what the outcome and effects of the industrial revolution would be, nor were they in control of those effects. Conspiracy theory holds that every evil happening, plague, war, famine, depression is planned and controlled by the masterminds. But it simply is not true. In the 1800's no one knew that atomic bombs would come into existence, or the effects of air power, electronic communication and so forth.]

      Click here to return to the

      "From the days of Sparticus, Wieskhopf, Karl Marx, Trotsky, Rosa Luxemberg, and Emma Goldman, this world conspiracy has been steadily growing. This conspiracy played a definite recognizable role in the tragedy of the French revolution. It has been the mainspring of every subversive movement during the 19th century. And now at last this band of extraordinary personalities from the underworld of the great cities of Europe and America have gripped the Russian people by the hair of their head and have become the undisputed masters of that enormous empire."

      Winston Churchill,
      stated to the London Press, in l922.

      [Even Churchill was a conspiracy believer. And anti-Semitic at that. What he is talking about, and what this quote relates to, is a book called the Protocols of the Elders of Judaism. It is a completely fallacious Machiavellian book, although insightful in the same sense as was Machiavelli and maybe in some sense as de Touqueville. ]

      Click here to return to the

      "The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined by those who are not behind the scenes."

      Benjamin Disraeli,
      first Prime Minister of England,
      in a novel he published in 1844 called
      Coningsby, the New Generation

      [Undoubtedly equally true today. But still not by one single conspiracy]

      Click here to return to the

      "The governments of the present day have to deal not merely with other governments, with emperors, kings and ministers, but also with the secret societies which have everywhere their unscrupulous agents, and can at the last moment upset all the governments' plans. "

      British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli, 1876

      [This also remains undoubtedly true. But we must remember that the term "societies" is in the plural. They are legion, and often at considerable variance with each other. The ones in Moslem countries are not in harmony with the ones in Christian countries, Japanese Society or the powers that control communist Russia and China (yes they remain largely communist influenced.) Even within those spheres there are often several powers at odds with each other.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The real rulers in Washington are invisible, and exercise power from behind the scenes."

      Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter, 1952

      [Many (most) educated or observing minds come to this conclusion. One of the main reasons that there is so little voter participation. Because there is so little real choice.]

      Click here to return to the

      "Fifty men have run America, and that's a high figure."

      Joseph Kennedy, father of JFK,
      in the July 26th, l936 issue of The New York Times.

      Click here to return to the

      "Today the path of total dictatorship in the United States can be laid by strictly legal means, unseen and unheard by the Congress, the President, or the people. Outwardly we have a Constitutional government. We have operating within our government and political system, another body representing another form of government - a bureaucratic elite."

      Senator William Jenner, 1954

      [Well, this is another matter. And still not a conspiracy. It is just the nature of institutions to feed on themselves, and to promote and defend themselves.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The Trilateral Commission is intended to be the vehicle for multinational consolidation of the commercial and banking interests by seizing control of the political government of the United States. The Trilateral Commission represents a skillful, coordinated effort to seize control and consolidate the four centers of power political, monetary, intellectual and ecclesiastical. What the Trilateral Commission intends is to create a worldwide economic power superior to the political governments of the nationstates involved. As managers and creators of the system ,they will rule the future."

      U.S. Senator Barry Goldwater
      in his l964 book: With No Apologies.

      [Yes, there are many political power centers, some of which are quite interbred and feed into the others, but there are still others that are in opposition. Externally we can observe that they are motivated by greed and the desire for power and control, but internally their members see themselves to be altruistically motivated and committed to a philosophy that is for the betterment of mankind. It is this latter that must be appealed to when the time comes for the restoration of society.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The powers of financial capitalism had another far reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements, arrived at in frequent private meetings and conferences. The apex of the system was the Bank for International Settlements in Basle, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the worlds' central banks which were themselves private corporations. The growth of financial capitalism made possible a centralization of world economic control and use of this power for the direct benefit of financiers and the indirect injury of all other economic groups."

      Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time
      (Macmillan Company, 1966,)
      Professor Carroll Quigley of Georgetown University,
      (highly esteemed by his former student,
      William Jefferson Blythe Clinton.)

      [To recognize this, on either Quigley's part, or Clinton's part, does not mean to advocate it. It can be taken simply as a paradigm in which one must work. The real question that one must ask themselves is what alternative system it is that they would propose. Idealism aside, it will have to be a pragmatic system or it shall never be accomplished.]

      Click here to return to the

      Statements of concern about conspiracy by the Rich and/or Famous

      "There are some plain common-sense considerations applicable to all these attempts at world planning. They can be briefly stated: 1. To talk of blueprints for the future or building a world order is, if properly understood, suggestive, but it is also dangerous. Societies grow far more truly than they are built. A constitution for a new world order is never like a blueprint for a skyscraper."

      Norman Thomas,
      in his book What Is Our Destiny? (1944)

      [This perhaps does not properly belong under conspirational concerns, but still it is a legitimate concern about the future.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The real menace of our republic is this invisible government which like a giant octopus sprawls its slimy length over city, state and nation. Like the octopus of real life, it operates under cover of a self created screen....At the head of this octopus are the Rockefeller Standard Oil interests and a small group of powerful banking houses generally referred to as international bankers. The little coterie of powerful international bankers virtually run the United States government for their own selfish purposes. They practically control both political parties."

      New York City Mayor John F. Hylan, 1922

      [Was it true then? Is it true now? If it is true, is it a problem? If it is a problem, is there a solution? How much serious thought do most people give to these questions?]

      Click here to return to the

      "The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government combining supercapitalism and Communism under the same tent, all under their control.... Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent."

      Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976,
      (killed in the Korean Airlines 747 that was shot down by the Soviets)

      [Well, okay. But there are many such plots and the plotters are often quite in opposition to each other. It is a battle of the Titans and the earth does shake. It can (and will) bring us to nuclear holocaust.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The idea was that those who direct the overall conspiracy could use the differences in those two so-called ideologies [marxism/fascism/socialism v. democracy/capitalism] to enable them [the Illuminati] to divide larger and larger portions of the human race into opposing camps so that they could be armed and then brainwashed into fighting and destroying each other."

      Myron Fagan

      [This is the idea that is false. That there is a single underlying conspiracy. Fagan has no real idea as to whom the Illuminati are, nor what are there real goals. "Those who say don't know and those who know don't say." But in the final analysis, they and all secret societies, cliques, groups, associations and so forth need to have their goals, philosophies, operations and so forth exposed to the general light of day so that the generality of mankind can monitor that all that goes on is in its best interest.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The government of the Western nations, whether monarchical or republican, had passed into the invisible hands of a plutocracy, international in power and grasp. It was, I venture to suggest, this semioccult power which....pushed the mass of the American people into the cauldron of World War I."

      British military historian MajorGeneral J.F.C. Fuller, l941

      [We are probably back to the concept behind the Protocols of the Elders of Judaism, or the 14 International Jewish Bankers, and such ilk. All this is fantasy as an overall explanation, and is even fantasy in its particulars as regards the Protocols. There is no one single simple explanation other than all is under the Divine Destiny of the Hand of God.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The Council on Foreign Relations is "the establishment." Not only does it have influence and power in key decision-making positions at the highest levels of government to apply pressure from above, but it also announces and uses individuals and groups to bring pressure from below, to justify the high level decisions for converting the U.S. from a sovereign Constitutional Republic into a servile member state of a one-world dictatorship."

      Former Congressman John Rarick 1971

      [Nevertheless, as the Russian and Chinese leaders, as well as Moslem leaders in Iran and elsewhere, besides many others such as in Japan and North Korea would point out - it does NOT control the world, although it may well try.]

      Click here to return to the

      "In March, 1915, the J.P. Morgan interests, the steel, shipbuilding, and powder interest, and their subsidiary organizations, got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press....They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. "An agreement was reached; the policy of the papers was bought, to be paid for by the month; an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information regarding the questions of preparedness, militarism, financial policies, and other things of national and international nature considered vital to the interests of the purchasers."

      U.S. Congressman Oscar Callaway, 1917

      [The establisment controlled the press then. It controls it now. The establishment in Russia controls the press there. In China the same. North Korea. Iran. Iraq. Saudi Arabia. Everywhere. It is just that they are different establishments. The one exception to establishment control has been the Internet in the U.S. and it is too new to know its destiny.]

      Click here to return to the

      "What is important is to dwell upon the increasing evidence of the existence of a secret conspiracy, throughout the world, for the destruction of organized government and the letting loose of evil."

      Christian Science Monitor editorial, June 19th, l920

      [Ouch. The power of Satan (or Mortal Mind as the Christian Scientists would say)? Is this in some abstract metaphysical sense or are we talking specifics?]

      Click here to return to the

      "The directors of the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) make up a sort of Presidium for that part of the Establishment that guides our destiny as a nation."

      The Christian Science Monitor, September 1, l961

      [Now THAT is getting specific. Are we now saying that they are "part of a secret society for letting loose evil"? Huhmm. Never know how people are going to see these things.]

      Click here to return to the

      "The planning of UN can be traced to the 'secret steering committee' established by Secretary [of State Cordell] Hull in January 1943. All of the members of this secret committee, with the exception of Hull, a Tennessee politician, were members of the Council on Foreign Relations. They saw Hull regularly to plan, select, and guide the labors of the [State] Department's Advisory Committee. It was, in effect, the coordinating agency for all the State Department's postwar planning."

      Professors Laurence H. Shoup and William Minter,
      writing in their study of the CFR,
      "Imperial Brain Trust: The CFR and United States Foreign Policy."
      (Monthly Review Press, 1977).

      [And there does seem to be a lot of cross breeding between the CFR and the Tri-lateral Commission. But the question remains, "Is what they propose - evil?" And what would you have as an alternative?]

      Click here to return to the

      "The most powerful clique in these (CFR) groups have one objective in common: they want to bring about the surrender of the sovereignty and the national independence of the U.S. They want to end national boundaries and racial and ethnic loyalties supposedly to increase business and ensure world peace. What they strive for would inevitably lead to dictatorship and loss of freedoms by the people. The CFR was founded for "the purpose of promoting disarmament and submergence of U.S. sovereignty and national independence into an all-powerful one-world government."

      Harpers, July l958

      ["Dictatorship and loss of freedoms" are certainly emotional words but I am sure not ones that would be used by advocates of the policies of the CFR. We must ask ourselves if that is true, especially for most of the inhabitants of this planet, and whether the other goals listed here are for good or evil.]

      Click here to return to the

      On March 2, 2000 the state-run People's Daily ran a series of articles... The articles also called for a multi- polar world, instead of one in which the United States is the dominant power - calling for the "establishment of a just and reasonable new world order."

      STRATFOR.COM Global Intelligence Update

      Click here to return to the

      Statements outright opposed to the NWO

      "The term Internationalism has been popularized in recent years to cover an interlocking financial, political, and economic world force for the purpose of establishing a World Government. Today Internationalism is heralded from pulpit and platform as a 'League of Nations' or a 'Federated Union' to which the United States must surrender a definite part of its National Sovereignty. The World Government plan is being advocated under such alluring names as the 'New International Order,' 'The New World Order,' 'World Union Now,' 'World Commonwealth of Nations,' 'World Community,' etc. All the terms have the same objective; however, the line of approach may be religious or political according to the taste or training of the individual."

      Excerpt from A Memorial to be Addressed to
      the House of Bishops and the House of Clerical and Lay Deputies
      of the Protestant Episcopal Church in General Convention (October 1940)

      [Yes, but what do you see as that purpose? Is it for good or for evil? If you say for evil, then what would you have as an alternative? What else will eliminate the threat of nuclear war? If you reply - "The Kingdom of God", then you are not a part of this discussion because we are talking about secular government.]

      Click here to return to the

      "In the first public declaration on the Jewish question since the outbreak of the war, Arthur Greenwood, member without portfolio in the British War Cabinet, assured the Jews of the United States that when victory was achieved an effort would be made to found a new world order based on the ideals of 'justice and peace.'"

      Excerpt from article entitled
      "New World Order Pledged to Jews,"
      in The New York Times (October 1940)

      ["Justice and peace" sounds good. But the thrust of the article is anti-Semitic. It could have equally well had "white power" or any other racial bias, of which there are many. But no matter what one's prejudice, whether it be racial, religious, economic, political, cultural or whatever, there is a whole planet that must be melded together - or blown apart. It is our choice.]

      Click here to return to the

      EXCERPTS FROM SENATOR JESSE HELMS' SPEECH BEFORE THE SENATE, ON 15 DECEMBER, 1987, WARNING AGAINST THE NEW WORLD ORDER:

      "This campaign against the American people -against traditional American culture and values - is systematic psychological warfare. It is orchestrated by a vast array of interests comprising not only the Eastern establishment but also the radical left. Among this group we find the Department of State, the Department of Commerce, the money center banks and multinational coporations, the media, the educational establishment, the entertainment industry, and the large tax-exempt foundations.

      Mr. President, a careful examination of what is happening behind the scenes reveals that all of these interests are working in concert with the masters of the Kremlin in order to create what some refer to as a New World Order. Private organizations such as the Council on Foreign Relations, the Royal Institute of International Affairs, the Trilateral Commission, the Dartmouth Conference, the Aspen Institute for Humanistic Studies, the Atlantic Institute, and the Bilderberger Group serve to disseminate and to coordinate the plans for this so-called New World Order in powerful business, financial, academic, and official circles. . . .

      The psychological campaign that I am describing, as I have said, is the work of groups within the Eastern establishment, that amorphous amalgam of wealth and social connections whose power resides in its control over our financial system and over a large portion of our industrial sector. The principal instrument of this control over the American economy and money is the Federal Reserve System. The policies of the Industrial sectors, primarily the multinational corporations, are influenced by the money center banks through debt financing a

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)