Listener Comments and Emails

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2002
      Alex, Violet,

      Start referring to "Homeland Security" as "Fatherland Security" it puts a nice Nazi Germany slant on it 8-)

      Violet,

      Bush made a strange slip in his speech today--He said, toward the end, that the journalists are very critical, want to see more out of us, but when they are bunched up and the military finds them, they'll be sorry indeed."

      He slipped--he meant to say THE TERRORISTS, but slipped and indicated--double speak--that when the military finds the journalists bunched up...then....

      Weird huh?  If you know where to get the transcript, you can find it toward the end.

      Take care

       Well Alex, it's finally happening. I learned about the Posse Comitatus Act from your shows and films, and I just saw a story on the local news (Austin) that the law is under review by the administration. This will give the military police power and more or less turn us, the people, into sheep to be herded. Tom Ridge, head of Homeland Security, was shown in the coverage saying that there are no plans to repeal the law, but that it may come up in discussion. My interpretation is that our government will throw another massive terror attack on its country, and rally enough support from the people to totally do away with Posse Comitatus altogether. Like you said, it's incrementalism. I just wanted to let you know that the Bush Crime Syndicate (BCS)  is now openly discussing military policing in America. Our worst Orwellian nightmares are materializing right before our eyes.

      -------------------------------
      Bush's snoop troops I repeat: I will terminate all relationship immediately with any cable TV service, pizza store, appliance company, exterminators, repair shops, carpet cleaning companies, long distance service, cell phone provider, ISP, etc. etc. etc. whose employees are part of the TIPS program.

      No company that allows their employees to be spies on America will get my business, period, end of discussion.

      I suggest that everyone reading this so inform the companies that they do business with.

      ---------------------------------------

      Dear Alex:

      I just wanted to give you and "FYI" that there will be a Bio-Terrorism excercise today in Baton Rouge.  My husband is on the B. R. Fire Dept. Hazardous Materials Team which will conduct a joint excersise with a  "local" military rapid response team (sorry, don't have the excact name of this unit but you know them....they are the one of perhaps a dozen of these teams that are scattered arount the US in order to be able to respond quickly to certain large scale events).  I hope to have more information later today or tomorrow.

      ---------------------------------
      Dear Violet and Alex,

      Thought you'd like to know, this afternoon i saw a Dr. Schwartz, CEO of Symbol, (Biometric), technologies on a CNBC interview.

      He was selling Biometric technologies for identification purposes. Saying: instead of going after the 'bad guy', why not make the 'good guys' all identifiable?

      He said, and i quote: " Enrollment equals Entitlement".

      What God says will happen Alex:

      And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a  mark  in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

      And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the  mark , or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

      i want you to know i am not lying down. i have a friend who is making and distributing copies of "9-11 Road to tyranny" (which i loaned him), to as many people as he knows. i am trying to educated people, but it is just so staggering to their imagination that they go into paralysis when confronted with the facts, after that fear, and after that DENIAL.

      What the Bible calls Strong Delusion. Because they love not the Truth. What is Truth? His Word is Truth.

      --------------------------------

      STOP CRIMINAL ALIEN RELIEF BILL

      The insanity of the pro-illegal alien lobby continues to prevail on Capitol  Hill.  Tuesday morning the House Judiciary Committee plans to mark-up H.R. 1452, which would amount to an amnesty for criminal illegal aliens who have
      served time for aggravated felonies.  The bill makes it easier for foreign nationals who are convicted felons to avoid deportation, and it allows other convicted and deported felons and non-citizens to return to the U.S. and become permanent residents.  This outrageous bill, authored by
      radical Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), is once again trying to be rushed through committee with a stamp of approval.  It is offensively titled The Family Reunification Act.  Please help stop this legislation by calling and faxing Chairman Sensenbrenner and all Republican and Democratic committee members at
      http://www.house.gov/judiciary/members.htm  Tell them to vote NO on H.R.
      1452.

      Alex you probably know already that the homeland
      security boss, Tom Ridge has already called for military
      assistance to help in the fight against terrorism.
      Whereas, civilians can be detained or arrested by the
      military. What a scary scenario! I know that you have
      talked about this time and time again. There is no
      reason for this. I feel that there are plenty of law
      enforcement to address this problem. I am going to keep
      my eye on these guys concerning this issue.   thank you

      My friend who knows the hardware said that the other day four Israeli  F-15s flew over a heavily populated area of Tucson fully armed with 1000 pounders.  This is illegal but I guess being that they are our good buddies, it is just fine.
      ---------------------

      THE NEW WORLD ORDER HAS ARIVED AT THE LOCAL BEACH!

      I took my family to a beach on a small lake in rural Minnesota this last weekend. As soon as we walked up to get into the water the stage was set with the sound of a blow horn "NO RUNNING ON THE DOCK....THANK YOU". I was a lifeguard as a teen and remembered that running on wet surfaces was discouraged, no problem. Then 10 seconds later "NO HOLDING ON TO THE ROPES.....THANK YOU", then "NO SPIN JUMPING OFF OF THE DOCK....THANK YOU" then "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING, NO SWIMMING UNDER THE DOCK....THANK YOU" and within 5 minutes my nephew was ordered out of the water by a Gestapo want-a-be "lifeguard" and ordered to sit next to him on the beach. I had been watching what had been going on so I went up to the lord lifeguard and asked him what exactly are the rules on this beach? Lord lifeguard with a body that looked like he was on steroids and a head the size of a baseball said "no running, no rocking the floating raft, no swimming under things, no this, no that, and then he summed it up, he said with a straight face "if your having fun you’re breaking the rules".

      Well what to do....I suppose we could have packed up and left but it was 90 degrees with high humidity, I had my kids and two of my nephews with and had promised them that we were going to go swimming and grandma (who lives 1 hour one way and we live 2 hours the other way) was coming here to pickup my nephews ...what to do? Well first thing I did was got my nephew out of the brig and then I gathered the kids and was explaining to them that all they could do was stand in the water and not move, but as I was talking to them I realized that the centurion guard’s jurisdiction only included the roped off section of the beach so we moved just outside of the ropes and did our thing for the next couple of hours.

      All week long I listen to Alex Jones and tried to take a day off from the New World Order and relax next to a secluded lake and it comes and finds me. In this case I could move just outside of it’s power but what happens when we can’t do that? Just like in the movie the Patriot, Benjamin Martin thought he could just mind his own business, but sooner or later it will come and find you.

      ----------------------------------

      It strikes me as funny that there was no problem with the Taliban until they wouldn't roll over for the Central Asia Pipeline.

      This is an article I found to be interesting;

      LATEST ON U.S. PIPELINE WAR IN CENTRAL ASIA

      Published on Monday, March 18, 2002 in the Chicago Tribune

      Pipeline Politics Taint U.S. War
      by Salim Muwakkil

      An ongoing source of frustration and anger for many Americans is the lack
      of support the war on terrorism has received abroad. Other nations are
      considerably less enthusiastic about our use of "daisy cutter" and
      "thermobaric" bombs than we think they should be. Why is that?
      One reason is their media. Stories alleging imperial and commercial
      motives for the war on terrorism are rife.

      Outside this country, there is a widespread belief that U.S. military
      deployments in Central Asia mostly are about oil.

      An article in the Guardian of London headlined, "A pro-western regime in
      Kabul should give the U.S. an Afghan route for Caspian oil," foreshadowed
      the kind of skeptical coverage the U.S. war now receives in many
      countries.

      "The invasion of Afghanistan is certainly a campaign against terrorism,"
      wrote author George Monbiot in the Oct. 22, 2001, piece, "but it may also
      be a late colonial adventure."

      He wrote that the U.S. oil company Unocal Corp. had been negotiating with
      the Taliban since 1995 to build "oil and gas pipelines from Turkmenistan,
      through Afghanistan and into Pakistani ports on the Arabian sea." He cited
      Ahmed Rashid's authoritative book "Taliban, Militant Islam, Oil and
      Fundamentalism in Central Asia" as a source for this information.

      Rashid, who has reported on Afghan wars for more than 20 years as a
      correspondent for the Eastern Economic Review and the Daily Telegraph,
      carefully documents in his book how the U.S. and Pakistan helped install
      the Taliban in hopes of bringing stability to the war-ravaged region and
      making it safer for the pipeline project. Unocal pulled out of the deal after the
      1998 terrorist attacks on U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were linked
      to terrorists based in Afghanistan.

      "The war against terrorism is a fraud," exclaimed John Pilger in an Oct.
      29 commentary in the British-based Mirror. Pilger, the publication's former
      chief foreign correspondent, wrote, "Bush's concealed agenda is to exploit
      the oil and gas reserves in the Caspian basin, the greatest source of
      untapped fossil fuel on earth."

      These harsh assessments are not just those of embittered ideologues. They
      are common fare. "Just as the Gulf War in 1991 was about oil, the new
      conflict in South and Central Asia is no less about access to the region's
      abundant petroleum resources," writes Ranjit Devraj in the Hong Kong-based
      Asia Times, a business-oriented publication.

      A popular French book titled "Bin Laden, the Forbidden Truth," which
      alleges that the Bush administration blocked investigations of Osama bin Laden
      while it bargained for him with the Taliban in exchange for political
      recognition and economic aid, is guiding much of the recent European coverage.

      Written by Jean-Charles Brisard and Guillaume Dasquie, the book adds
      another plank to the argument that America's major objective was to gain access to
      the region's oil and gas reserves.

      According to the book, the Bush administration began to negotiate with the
      Taliban immediately after coming into power. The parties talked for many
      months before reaching an impasse in August 2001.

      The terrorist acts of Sept. 11, though tragic, provided the Bush
      administration a legitimate reason to invade Afghanistan, oust the
      recalcitrant Taliban and, coincidentally, smooth the way for the pipeline.

      To make things even smoother, the U.S. engineered the rise to power of two
      former Unocal employees: Hamid Karzai, the new interim president of
      Afghanistan, and Zalmay Khalizad, the Bush administration's Afghanistan
      envoy.

      "Osama bin Laden did not comprehend that his actions serve American
      interests," writes Uri Averny, in a Feb. 14 column in the daily Ma'ariv in
      Israel. Averny, a former member of the Israeli Knesset and a noted peace
      activist, added, "If I were a believer in conspiracy theory, I would think
      that bin Laden is an American agent. Not being one I can only wonder at
      the coincidence."

      Averny argues that the war on terrorism provides a perfect pretext for
      America's imperial interests. "If one looks at the map of the big American
      bases created for the war, one is struck by the fact that they are
      completely identical to the route of the projected oil pipeline to the
      Indian Ocean."

      The Asia Times reported in January that the U.S. is developing "a network
      of multiple Caspian pipelines," and that people close to the Bush
      administration stand to benefit.

      For example, the proposed Baku-Ceyhan pipeline, linking Azerbaijan through
      Georgia to Turkey, is represented by the law firm Baker & Botts. The
      principal attorney is James Baker, former secretary of state and chief
      spokesman for the Bush campaign in the Florida vote controversy.

      In 1997, the now disgraced Enron Corp. conducted the feasibility study for
      the $2.5 billion Trans-Caspian pipeline being built under a joint venture
      between Turkmenistan, Bechtel Corp. and General Electric, the article
      noted.

      There are many other connections, too numerous to recount here. No wonder
      the rest of the world is a bit skeptical about our war on evildoers.

      Salim Muwakkil is a senior editor at In These Times E-mail:
      salim4x@...

      Copyright © 2002, Chicago Tribune

      ---------------------------

      From The Daily Telegraph, available online at:
      http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/07/23/nurs23.xml

      Threat to surgeon who spoke out on language barrier

      ---------------------

      ALEX- YOU SHOULD READ THIS. A VIRAL ATTACK OCCURED AND PEOPLE VOMITED.
             A CLEANUP TEAM IN BLACK SMOCKS CAME IN AND WIPED DOWN THE TRAIN.
             SOMEONE DIDN'T COVER THIS ONE UP IN TIME...

      THE COMPLETE STORY IS BELOW, AND THE ACTUAL NEWSPAPER URL FOR YOUR WEB PAGE (needs the curly braces shown) IS:

      http://www.canada.com/vancouver/vancouversun/story.asp?id={2BFCEB34-0339-4314-865F-CE0B697279D8}

      A concerned american and citizen
      Ted Twietmeyer

      Cit
      NEWS STORY
      Virus strikes VIA Rail passengers
      Wave of illness aboard Vancouver-bound train brings nausea, vomiting

      Jake Kennedy
      Vancouver Sun

      Monday, July 22, 2002

      Health Canada officials are investigating after a wave of illness broke out among people aboard a Vancouver-bound VIA Rail train last week.

      Although VIA Rail officials could not confirm the number of people affected, an American passenger hit by the illness said Sunday that dozens developed nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

      "It's the sickest I've ever been," said Antoinette Renshaw, 55, who boarded the VIA Rail Canadian train in Toronto on July 16.

      She said in an interview Sunday that several hours after departure, rumours began to circulate that crew members were falling ill.

      When the train reached Winnipeg on the afternoon of July 17, Renshaw said the train was boarded by a crew of people wearing black smocks.

      "We called them the men in black," she said. The workers walked around the train, spraying and wiping down surfaces.

      "They said they were spraying places that people touched," Renshaw said.

      Later that evening, Renshaw noticed a letter posted near her sleeper car.

      "It said that a communicable disease was aboard the train, and it was also affecting airlines, buses, and other places where people congregate," she said.

      Renshaw began to worry. She spoke to other passengers, many of whom were beginning to feel gastrointestinal upsets, to see if they knew what was happening, but most hadn't even seen the letter. Speaking to VIA employees, she said, was just as frustrating.

      "I asked them for a copy of the letter, and they wouldn't give me one," she said. "They weren't very helpful."

      About 24 hours after Renshaw got off the train in Jasper, where she was meeting a friend, she began to feel ill. Renshaw said she vomited for 12 hours, and was in intense pain.

      Health Canada confirmed Sunday that it is looking at the rash of illness aboard the train.

      "An investigation by occupational and environmental health officials is under way," said Health Canada spokesman Blair Parkhurst.

      VIA Rail spokeswoman Kelly Thomas said that as a result of the outbreak, two passenger cars were taken off the tracks, and cleaned thoroughly.

      The symptoms experienced by passengers and crew aboard the train, she said, are consistent with those of Norwalk-like viruses. The symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, muscle aches, headaches, fatigue and fevers.

      The viruses are spread when food that is not cooked is handled by infected people who did not wash their hands after using the washroom, by consuming water contaminated by sewage or by consuming ice made from contaminated water, and from shellfish harvested from sewage-contaminated water.

      Asked why passengers weren't given more information, she said she had been told the crew was briefed and should have been able to answer questions.

      Because symptoms may not occur for up to 24 to 48 hours after exposure, VIA is asking anyone who experienced symptoms after boarding the train to phone 1-800-561-8630.

      Meanwhile, Renshaw, who had planned to continue her train journey to Vancouver, then take the train home to where she lives near Tacoma, Wash., has changed her mind.

      She said Sunday she'll fly home from Alberta instead.

      "My rail pass home was paid for, but I'd rather pay a last-minute one-way fare home to avoid taking the train," she said. "I'm not stepping on that damn train again."

      © Copyright  2002 Vancouver Sun