Senate Passes Real ID: National ID Card On Its Way

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2005

      Senate Passes Real ID: National ID Card On Its Way

      U.S. Newswire | May 11 2005

      The Senate has passed the Real ID bill, creating a backdoor national ID card. After weeks of activism directed towards them senators knew the full scale of this horror but voted for it 100-0 anyway.

      To: National Desk

      Contact: Jeff Lungren or Terry Shawn, 202-225-2492, both of the Committee on the Judiciary; Web: http://judiciary.house.gov/

      WASHINGTON, May 10 /U.S. Newswire/ -- House Judiciary Committee Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr. (R-Wis.), the author of the REAL ID Act (H.R. 418), issued the following statement following today's Senate passage of the supplemental appropriations conference report that included the REAL ID Act:

      "The REAL ID is vital to preventing foreign terrorists from hiding in plain sight while conducting their operations and planning attacks. By targeting terrorist travel, the REAL ID will assist in our War on Terror efforts to disrupt terrorist operations and help secure our borders.

      "I am grateful for the White House's strong support of this border security legislation. In addition, Senators Frist, McConnell, Santorum, Specter, Kyl, Sessions, Brownback, DeWine, and Cornyn were among those very helpful in shepherding this legislation through the Senate and I wish to thank them."

      The truth is that Real ID does nothing to protect the borders and everything towards creating a national ID card.

      Visit CASPIAN's UnRealID.com website to take action now!

      FLASHBACK: The Real ID card: the machine readable you

      FLASHBACK: Your Papers Please! National ID Cards Coming

      FLASHBACK: Urgent action needed on REAL ID Act

      FLASHBACK: HR 418- A National ID Bill Masquerading as Immigration Reform by Ron Paul

      FLASHBACK: Real ID Act is a Trojan horse

      FLASHBACK: National ID cards on the way?

      Get Alex Jones and Paul Joseph Watson's books, ALL Alex's documentary films, films by other authors, audio interviews and special reports. Sign up at Prison Planet.tv - CLICK HERE.