Lieberman: China Can Shut Down The Internet, Why Can't We?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2010

      Lieberman: China Can Shut Down The Internet, Why Can't We?
      Attempting to reassure CNN viewers that the government isn't trying to shut down free speech on web, Senator only stokes more alarm by citing country that censors all online dissent

      Monday, June 21, 2010

      Senator Joe Lieberman, who is pushing a bill that would give President Obama a ‘kill switch’ to shut down parts of the Internet, attempted to reassure CNN viewers yesterday that concerns about the government regulating free speech on the web were overblown, but he only stoked more alarm by citing China, a country that censors all online dissent against the state, as the model to which American should compare itself.