House vote on censorship bill today!

  • infowars_newsgroup
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11 9:41 AM
      House vote on censorship bill today!

      House switchboard: 1-800-962-3524

      From The Liberty Committee:
      Can your favorite radio talk-show host be fined $500,000 every time
      he expresses an opinion that is labeled "hate speech?" Can you also
      be fined $500,000 when you call in and agree with his opinion?
      [...]
      Are the political elite in Washington the ones we want to give such
      unchecked power and control?

      Our country's founders thought not. "Congress shall make no
      law...abridging the freedom of speech...." The Founding Fathers
      might not have imagined radio or television, but it is precisely
      because they could not have imagined everything the future would
      bring that they established timeless principles.

      The U.S. House will vote on the Broadcast Decency Enforcement Act
      (H.R. 3717) [Thursday] afternoon. We strongly urge a "no" vote on
      this dangerous legislation. To send your message, go to
      http://www.capwiz.com/liberty/issues/alert/?alertid=5329891&type=CO.

      This House bill actually raises the fines tenfold to $275,000, not
      $500,000. (A Senate bill raises the number to 500K.) The House bill
      being voted on today also makes it easier to close down a station
      for "indecency," and authorizes FCC to make "indecent" stations run
      more Public Service Announcements -- aka government propaganda.