The Flip Flopping Of George Monbiot

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2007
      The Flip Flopping Of George Monbiot

      After incurring the wrath of 9/11 skeptics the world over two weeks ago, George Mobiot has returned for more with the publication of a scathing attack in the London Guardian that is tantamount to a toddler's over the top tantrum that perfectly highlights the problem with the ineffectual left.

      "Why do I bother with these morons? Because they are destroying the movements some of us have spent a long time trying to build. Those of us who believe that the crucial global issues... are insufficiently debated in parliament or congress, that corporate power stands too heavily on democracy, that war criminals, cheats and liars are not being held to account, have invested our efforts in movements outside the mainstream political process. These, we are now discovering, are peculiarly susceptible to this epidemic of gibberish."

      Monbiot's ranting here highlights a great problem with modern day political activism, division.