Ray Martinez: The UT Tower Shooting

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 11:46 AM

      The UT Tower Shooting: Ray Martinez

      Alex is joined in-studio by Ray Martinez the hero of the 1966 University of Texas Tower Shooting who shot Whittman, the tower sniper. This was one of the most infamous mass murder cases in US crime history and Martinez excellently elucidates his role in stopping the carnage on that day 40 years ago.

      Get Martinez' book: They Call Me Ranger Ray: From the UT Tower Sniper to Corruption in South Texas

      From CrimeLibrary.com: By now, Americans are virtually unshockable. When we hear of the latest workplace shooting, the latest school shooting, the latest loner who snapped and took others with him to his final rest, we are saddened, certainly, but not shocked. It has happened so often that we’ve long since lost count of the shooters and the victims, long since forgotten which towns bear the indelible marks of random violence. So it is difficult for us to understand the horror to which Americans were introduced by Charles Whitman on August 1, 1966. Until Whitman undertook his shooting spree in Austin, Texas, public space felt safe and most citizens were utterly convinced they were comfortably removed from brutality and terror. After August 1, 1966, things would never be the same.

      Members can watch this video right now by clicking here to login.

      Become a subscriber. It's just 15 cents a day to access a multitude of material at Prison Planet.tv. All of Alex's documentary films, Alex Jones' video reports, films by other authors, Alex's book, Paul Joseph Watson's book, audio interviews, and a whole host more. Click here to subscribe with either credit card or Paypal on our secure online server.