Re: [infoguys-list] Forged Signature

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10 9:52 AM
      Tina,

      In essence, your brother in law has stolen your identity. Contact all Credit Bureau's and advise them of such to include filing a Police Report. I would also suggest that you change your Drivers License. If you suffered a monetary loss, I would take civil action against him and his girlfriend.

      Make sure you advise the Credit Bureau that if any transactions appear in your name, that they contact you immediately.

      CIS Investigations
      AZ PI #1549436

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10 11:33 AM
        Thank you for your quick and helpful reply. Naturally, I am torn
        between keeping the family relations calm and then preventing another
        person from being victimized by him. His family acts like he is still
        a 16 year old who just made an error in judgement, but in reality he
        is a 50 year old man who has a history of similar behavior.

        Tina

        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, greenwood152@... wrote:

        > Tina,
        >
        > First, change your DL number at DMV. Second, get a hold of the
        landlord
        > that sent you the eviction notice and set him straight on what
        happened and have
        > him re-send the notice to your brother-in-law. Third, write a
        letter stating
        > the facts along with dates and substantiating evidence to each of
        the three
        > major credit bureaus just to cover yourself in case he went beyond
        just
        > signing a lease. Fourth, tell your scheming brother-in-law that if
        receive any
        > adverse credit ratings directly related to his actions that you
        will sue him in
        > civil court and turn over whatever info you have to the District
        Attorney for
        > prosecution for identity theft.
        >
        > Good luck at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners :)
        >

        > Jeff Greenwood

      • tbooomer
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10 3:32 PM
          Thank you all for your prompt replies. The information has been so
          helpful and I am well on my way to resolving this matter thanks to
          your input.

          Sincerely,
          Tina