Re: [infoguys-list] Forged Signature

  • David
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
      Tina,

      In essence, your brother in law has stolen your identity. Contact all Credit Bureau's and advise them of such to include filing a Police Report. I would also suggest that you change your Drivers License. If you suffered a monetary loss, I would take civil action against him and his girlfriend.

      Make sure you advise the Credit Bureau that if any transactions appear in your name, that they contact you immediately.

      CIS Investigations
      AZ PI #1549436

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
        Tina -

        I am not familiar with Louisiana laws so I cannot help you in that regard.
        However, if I were in your position, the very first thing I would do would be
        to send by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, a very
        nice letter informing the landlord that you have no idea what is going on as
        you have never lived there, never signed a lease, and am seriously concerned
        about identity theft. I would also provide the names and other information on
        anyone I thought was truly living there.

        Next I would go to the local police station and report the crime.

        What you do past that point has a lot to do with how the landlord handles
        the situation.

        You would also want to correct the court records immediately. That might
        require an attorney; perhaps not. I would go directly to the clerk of the
        particular courtroom and discuss the matter with them.

        I wish you well and strongly urge you to move promptly on this matter.

        ________________________

        818-242-9824 FAX

        a military veteran !

      • tbooomer
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
          Thank you for your quick and helpful reply. Naturally, I am torn
          between keeping the family relations calm and then preventing another
          person from being victimized by him. His family acts like he is still
          a 16 year old who just made an error in judgement, but in reality he
          is a 50 year old man who has a history of similar behavior.

          Tina

          --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, greenwood152@... wrote:

          > Tina,
          >
          > First, change your DL number at DMV. Second, get a hold of the
          landlord
          > that sent you the eviction notice and set him straight on what
          happened and have
          > him re-send the notice to your brother-in-law. Third, write a
          letter stating
          > the facts along with dates and substantiating evidence to each of
          the three
          > major credit bureaus just to cover yourself in case he went beyond
          just
          > signing a lease. Fourth, tell your scheming brother-in-law that if
          receive any
          > adverse credit ratings directly related to his actions that you
          will sue him in
          > civil court and turn over whatever info you have to the District
          Attorney for
          > prosecution for identity theft.
          >
          > Good luck at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners :)
          >

          > Jeff Greenwood

        • tbooomer
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10, 2006
            Thank you all for your prompt replies. The information has been so
            helpful and I am well on my way to resolving this matter thanks to
            your input.

            Sincerely,
            Tina