a jolt- 2 responses to more info

  • Jurydoctor@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2006
      Corporeal Ard recognized the danger of the power line above the
      > truck and warned the occupants to stay in the vehicle
      _____________________
      IMPORTANT: Ard should be held partially responsible for his own death.
      ________________

      >, however, his warning was ignored as the occupants proceeded to get out
      >of the vehicle and inform him that they had already been out and walked
      >around the vehicle without problem. Corporeal Ard directed the occupants
      >up to the edge of the roadway away from their disabled vehicle; the
      >occupants waited there until their father came to the scene and took them
      >home. At some point, Corporeal Scream also arrived on the scene to
      >assist in the investigation. A wrecker arrived and was able to pull the
      >truck from underneath the sagging lines back to the side of the roadway;
      __________________________

      Why was this permitted if Corp. Ard knew of danger?
      ____________________
      > . It is clear that both officers safely
      > walked under the low hanging wires on their way back to the scene.
      _____________________

      Why were they walking under the lines at the low area?
      Given Ard was walking under the low line and electrocuted, he could not
      have been safely walking under the low energized power line? They may have
      walked back to the scene by passing under the line without incident, but
      not safely.

      Did they have to walk under the line at the low point to get to the scene?

      > Once they finished checking the scene, they began to walk back towards
      > the highway
      _____________________________________
      Did they have to walk under the line at the low point to return to the
      highway?

      IMPORTANT: Police Department should be held partially responsible for not
      providing a reasonably safe work place: procedures for conducting a
      "rescue" investigation while the power line is energized, given the
      circumstances. No other investigation should have been conducted until the
      line was de-energized.

      >stuck by it"s policy of calling the person at the top of the list who
      >was on duty, even though in this situation Mr. Travis lived in DeRidder,
      >over 30 miles from the scene. It is undisputed that it took Mr. Travis 32
      >minutes to get to the scene. Henry was injured only minutes before Mr.
      >Travis was able to shut down the power.

      Was the Quincy repairman available? If so, Brouss should be held
      partially liable for Ard's death.

      response 2:
      Bartow is not responsible for the incident which happened AFTER his accident.
      A power line can come down for any reason and is a danger. Bartow did not
      cause the danger to exist in the power line. We don't even know if the
      accident
      was his fault.

      Same thing happened here several years ago. Young driver hits pole and knocks
      down power line. Two cars stop to help, one of the helpers was electrocuted.
      No one sued. She knew what the danger and risk was.