Re: [infoguys-list] Re: a jolt- a quickie

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2006
      Amy -

      It would be helpful if you could provide a little more information.

      Where was the live wire in relationship to the police? Was there a blockade
      in place? Was the wire jumping all over the place or resting on something?

      Aside from any bizarre answers to the above, it would appear that it was
      safe for the serviceman to leave since the scene was secured by the police and
      someone had to shut down the power.

      Not knowing exactly how the contact between Ard and the live wire happened,
      it is truly hard to say. However, if the defense says he was negligent, it
      would appear that he did something he should not have. With that said, why
      should anyone have to pay for his stupidity, if that is what happened?

      Sincerely,

    • spiknox
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21, 2006
        Seems like we are missing some info. But just going off common
        sense it would seem the serviceman was doing the right thing by
        turning off the power and thereby minimizing those that would
        eventually come in contact with a live wire.

        Terese Strickland
        S.P.I.
        Strickland Private Investigations
        PO Box 12366
        Knoxville, TN 37912
        spiknox@...

        www.E-MedicalTrace.com
        www.StricklandPI.com
        --- In infoguys-list@yahoogroups.com, Jurydoctor@... wrote:

        > $5 for each opinion donated to Schiff Liver Institute.
        >
        > What killed Mr. Ard?
        >
        > PLAINTIFF'S POSITION
        >
        > Brouss's serviceman arrived at the scene of the downed power
        pole and
        > lines and without stopping to assess the situation and protect
        (warn)
        > persons at the scene, turned around and went back down the road to
        open a
        > switch to kill the power. The serviceman's actions of not staying
        at the
        > scene (until it was safe ) violate company policy and the National
        Electrical

      • datafacts@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2006
          We had a line down in our back yard during severe weather earlier this month.

          Firemen stayed on the scene until the power company arrived, assessed the situation, and left to turn off power.

          After the power was off, only then did the fire department packed up and leave.
          Someone was here from the fire department the whole time, even though numerous lines were down locally.
          They handled each call the same way.

          Jim Gilboy

          DataFacts Inc.
          P.O. Box 111, Hales Corners, WI 53130

[...]