Recording dishonest businesses over the phone/ Expectation of privacy

  • brad77x
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2006
      I have heard in certain cases that there is not expectation of
      privacy and you can record things without notification.. Such as the
      case of someone recording a police officer doing unlawful things their
      is no expectation of privacy for the police officer as a public
      servant, so in court he can not protest his privacy was being violated
      by recording him.

      So I was wondering when you are doing business with some of these big
      corporations who try and jerk you around.. Like AOL not allowing you
      to cancel your service and continue to charge your credit card, and or
      use lies and deceptions. Businesses record all their conversations is
      says for quality or legal purposes…. And I was thinking logically it
      would be legal to record them without notifying them really since I
      could not imagine that they should have a expectation of privacy when
      you are doing business with them,. So could you use your recorded
      evidence in court if they say one thing and do another…

      A business that sold me a rip off version of a product I once told I
      was recording them and they just immediately hung up, so telling them
      doesn't really work so well and often it pisses them off and make them
      even more difficult to work with then they ALPREADY where,

      So the main question is do you have to notify them you are recording
      them ort not???… and if so where can I find SPECIFIC law stating one
      way or another .. I did a search and really couldn't' find much
      Any help would be appreciated