Re: [infoguys-list] Re: Investigators Needed Nationwide This Saturday

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006
      Rick -

      You do not seem to understand as I have told you this previously so I will
      say it again.

      It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it or not.
      ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction against unlawful
      conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use the former
      17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those personally harmed and
      out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get awarded
      attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees for "injunctions" there are
      costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

      Before 17200 changed, there was a nonprofit, CAUP, who went after unlicensed
      people, not only PI's but all unlicensed parties. They never lost one. Since
      the change, I've only gone after 2 but 1 was from out of state and I won
      both.

      Rick, someday when we both have time remind me to tell you about the case I
      filed against the guy who put a bail Kiosk in the lobby of the San Luis Obispo
      County jail. He didn't have a bail license. If Kevin Ripa successfully
      saves my hard drive (which he just telephoned and said he believes he can), I
      believe a copy of the complaint might be on that drive. If so, I'll share it with
      you.

      Glendale, CA 91207
      818-242-2505
      818-246-3001 FAX

    • Ricky Gurley
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006

        > It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it
        or not.
        > ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction
        against unlawful
        > conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use
        the former
        > 17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those
        personally harmed and
        > out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get
        awarded
        > attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees
        for "injunctions" there are
        > costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

        I believe you Sue.. I have no doubt that you could file a civil
        action in this case (in any case for that matter)..

        My point was not that a private person could not file on this case,
        but that I did not believe the state of California would see this
        case as something to spend the taxpayers money on. And because I am
        talking about California, I also stated that I could be wrong.. I do
        know that anytime the state of California will not extradite a
        violent offender from the state of Florida, on a felony sexual
        assault warrant, that there is a good possibility that the state of
        California will not get too involved in a misdemeanor licensing
        violation...

        I am off to court, talk to ya later Sue. Have a good day and take
        care..

        Rick.

        RMRI, Inc.
        Columbia, Missouri