RE: [infoguys-list] Re: Investigators Needed Nationwide This Saturday

  • Paul Curtis
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 8, 2006
      Sue,

      Thanks. I guess I was thinking that he probably would not come under the
      jurisdiction of the California courts if he was operating out of Canada. On
      the other hand, if the information gathered is used in a case before the
      courts here he is sort of between a rock and a really hard place, isn’t he?

      All my best,

      Paul Curtis

      Costa Mesa, CA

      pncurtis@...

      PS I doubt this is a freebie :-)

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006
        Rick -

        You do not seem to understand as I have told you this previously so I will
        say it again.

        It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it or not.
        ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction against unlawful
        conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use the former
        17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those personally harmed and
        out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get awarded
        attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees for "injunctions" there are
        costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

        Before 17200 changed, there was a nonprofit, CAUP, who went after unlicensed
        people, not only PI's but all unlicensed parties. They never lost one. Since
        the change, I've only gone after 2 but 1 was from out of state and I won
        both.

        Rick, someday when we both have time remind me to tell you about the case I
        filed against the guy who put a bail Kiosk in the lobby of the San Luis Obispo
        County jail. He didn't have a bail license. If Kevin Ripa successfully
        saves my hard drive (which he just telephoned and said he believes he can), I
        believe a copy of the complaint might be on that drive. If so, I'll share it with
        you.

        Glendale, CA 91207
        818-242-2505
        818-246-3001 FAX

      • Ricky Gurley
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 9, 2006

          > It does not matter what the State of CA is willing to do about it
          or not.
          > ANY person can file an action in the court for an injunction
          against unlawful
          > conduct. I've done it many, many times. Previously we would use
          the former
          > 17200 B&P but that was recently changed whereby only those
          personally harmed and
          > out of pocket can file that way and when they prevail, they do get
          awarded
          > attorney fees. Although there are no attorney fees
          for "injunctions" there are
          > costs and I have an attorney friend who does them for GP.

          I believe you Sue.. I have no doubt that you could file a civil
          action in this case (in any case for that matter)..

          My point was not that a private person could not file on this case,
          but that I did not believe the state of California would see this
          case as something to spend the taxpayers money on. And because I am
          talking about California, I also stated that I could be wrong.. I do
          know that anytime the state of California will not extradite a
          violent offender from the state of Florida, on a felony sexual
          assault warrant, that there is a good possibility that the state of
          California will not get too involved in a misdemeanor licensing
          violation...

          I am off to court, talk to ya later Sue. Have a good day and take
          care..

          Rick.

          RMRI, Inc.
          Columbia, Missouri